Many thanks to everyone who joined us last week for our first Tuesday night Fort Pierre Bicentennial Farmers’ Market. We hope you’ll join us this week as well! The Fire Department will have their Safety Town trailer, so be sure to bring your kids!
Sunshine Coffee is offering an absolutely amazing homemade lavender lemonade featuring organic lemons and B&G Produce lavender. Matt and I each had two on Saturday and could have sucked down more, but they sold out. We’ll be in line Tuesday night.
B&G Produce is bringing their delicious hummus and pesto to market this week. Be sure to ask for a sample! Plus, new red potatoes! If you’ve never had a home grown potato, you are missing out. And, for those of you still struggling to love kale, try this Caesar salad recipe. We think you’ll love it to the last bite.
BLC Ranch is offering 25% off all their hand-knit products through the end of July. You should check out Linda’s Baby Gagas. They are so flippin’ adorable!
Denise of Venner Farm is bringing her lemon poppy seed bread. I LOVE this bread. It is so moist and the icing is just a little tart. It is so good. So good.
Any of you who are omitting gluten, Nancy’s Nest is bringing gluten free brownies to market!!
As a market, we accept credit cards and EBT. Shop all the vendors and pay once before you leave! Stop at the Market Manager booth to start the process and have fun shopping.
Capital City Farmers’ Market Vendors: B&G Produce, BLC Ranch, Nancy’s Nest, Sunshine Coffee, Venner Farm
Baked Goods & Bread
- Brownies, Organic & Gluten Free (Nancy’s Nest) – NEW!!
- Blue Cheese Bacon – samples available (B&G Produce)
- Organic Sprouted Rye Bread (Nancy’s Nest) – NEW!!
- Organic Sprouted Spelt Bread (Nancy’s Nest)
- Organic Sandwich Rolls (Nancy’s Nest)
- Six Seed (B&G Produce)
- Sun-Dried Tomato Roasted Garlic – samples available (B&G Produce)
- Breakfast Cookies (Venner Farm)
- Ginger Snaps (Venner Farm)
- Organic Oatmeal Raisin (Nancy’s Nest) – NEW!!
- Organic Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies (Nancy’s Nest) – NEW!!
- Double Chocolate Bites (Venner Farm)
- Mini Crisps (Venner Farm)
- Apple – NEW!!
- Mini Peach Cobbler (Venner Farm)
- Oatmeal Bars (Venner Farm)
- Organic Cinnamon Rolls with Frosting (Nancy’s Nest)
- Organic Granola – samples available (B&G Produce)
- Quick Breads (Venner Farm)
- Lemon Poppy Seed
- Rhubarb Streusel Bread
- SD Honey Banana Bread
Coffee & Coffee Beans
- Coffee Beans (B&G Produce)
- Drinks (Sunshine Coffee)
- Hot Chocolate
- Lavender Lemonade – NEW!!
- Organic Coffee
- Cold Brew
- Drip Coffee
- Organic Tea
- Icelandic Wool Items (BLC Ranch) – 25% off through July
- Adult Ponchos
- Baby Sweaters
- Fingerless Mitts
- Teacup Bird Feeders (B&G Produce)
- Wool, Lamb & Regular (BLC Ranch)
Farm Fresh Eggs (Nancy’s Nest)
Farm to Table (B&G Produce)
- Blue Cheese Walnut Pesto – samples available
- Hummus – samples available
- Charred Scallion & Red Pepper
Flowers (B&G Produce)
From The Garden
- Basil (B&G Produce, Venner Farm)
- Beets (B&G Produce)
- Broccoli Stir Fry Bags (B&G Produce)
- Cabbage (B&G Produce)
- Cucumbers (Venner Farm)
- Eggplant (B&G Produce)
- Dill, bundles, heads, leaves (Venner Farm)
- Head Lettuce (B&G Produce)
- Kale (B&G Produce)
- Leeks (B&G Produce)
- Mixed Lettuce (Venner Farm)
- New Red Potatoes (B&G Produce, Venner Farm)
- Parsley (B&G Produce)
- Patty Pan Squash (Venner Farm)
- Pea Shoots – samples available (B&G Produce)
- Scallions (B&G Produce)
- Sugar Snap Peas (Venner Farm)
- Swiss Chard (B&G Produce, Venner Farm)
- Turnip Greens (Venner Farm)
- Zucchini (B&G Produce)
- Romanesco (Venner Farm)
Fruit (Venner Farm)
- Choke Cherries
Grains & the Like (Venner Farm)
- Corn Flour
- Organic Golden Flax
- Organic Wheat Berries
- Whole Wheat Flour
Meat (BLC Ranch)
- Ben & Linda are taking orders for September butcher lambs. If you like lamb, this is a great opportunity to fill your freezer for winter.
Pantry Staples (Venner Farm)
- Coriander Seed
- Dried Dill Weed
Other Activities & Food…
- Beer & Pizza by the Chuckwagon
- Brew Birds Food Truck
- Bouncy Houses from Bounce Around, $5 per child unlimited time
- Fort Pierre Fire Department, Fire Truck and Safety Town Trailer
- Games: ping pong, bean bag toss, life-size Jenga
- Gold Program Children’s Activities
- Mini Melt Ice Cream by Bounce Around
- Music & Live Broadcast by Dakota Radio Group’s Dakota Cruiser
- Paddle boat cruise on The Sunset, departure time and price information here
- Verendrye Museum Open
Where? Downtown Fort Pierre, Deadwood Street
When? Tuesday, 5pm-8pm (market vendors until at least 7pm)
Why? Blue Cheese Walnut Pesto should be in your life.
Be sure to Like us on Facebook @capcityfarmersmarket. You can also follow our blog (https://capcitymarket.wordpress.com/) for weekly updates.
Please share this with anyone who might be interested. If you are reading this and would like to sign up for our weekly email, send your request to email@example.com.
If you know anyone interested in selling produce, baked goods, meat/poultry, eggs, or craft items, please have them visit our blog (https://capcitymarket.wordpress.com/), call or email Julie Bolding at 224.4348 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you Tuesday!