Just a few more farmers’ markets this season, so be sure to stock up on local goods while they are at your fingertips!
We used the last of our tomatoes last night in a lovely Amatriciana pasta. If you’ve never made this before, it is easy and super delicious. This is a good recipe to use: https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/bucatini-all-amatriciana-2
It’s ok, though, because once those last tomatoes are out of the kitchen, we can focus on other produce. Using soup bones, onions, and rustic bread to make a wonderful French onion soup, simmering leek tops with water and miso to make one of my favorite stocks, and winter squash risotto are just a few of the ways we capitalize on fall vegetables.
As a market, we accept credit cards and EBT. Shop vendors who accept cc/EBT and pay once before you leave! Stop at the Market Manager booth to start the process and have fun shopping.
This week’s vendors: B&G Produce, Hanisch Farms, hummingbird, Layton’s Produce, Nancy’s Nest
Activities & More
- Face Painting with Amanda!
Baked Goods & Bread
- Coffee Cake, Pumpkin (hummingbird)
- Cookies, Salted Dark Chocolate (hummingbird)
- Muffins, PB Banana Oatmeal
- Organic Ingredients
- Cookies, Chocolate Dipped Cheesecake (Nancy’s Nest)
- B&G (B&G Produce)
- Nut, grain & gluten free (Nancy’s Nest)
- Rustic Bread (B&G Produce)
- Cranberry Almond Orange
- Jalapeno Cheddar
- Rosemary Asiago & Swiss
- Six Seed
Coffee, Pour Over (hummingbird)
Farm Fresh Eggs (Hanisch Farms, Nancy’s Nest)
Farm to Table (B&G Produce)
- Hummus, Cumin Lime
From the Garden
- Beets (Layton’s Produce)
- Cabbage (Hanisch Farms)
- Carrots (Layton’s Produce)
- Celery (B&G Produce)
- Cucumbers (Layton’s Produce)
- Garlic (B&G Produce)
- Onions (B&G Produce, Hanisch Farms, Layton’s Produce)
- Peppers (B&G Produce, Layton’s Produce)
- Potatoes (B&G Produce, Hanisch Farms)
- Pumpkins, Pepitas Naked Seed (Layton’s Produce)
- Tomatoes (Layton’s Produce)
- Winter Squash (B&G Produce, Hanisch Farms)
Fruit (Layton’s Produce)
- Apples, cooking and eating
Honey (Nancy’s Nest)
- Sweet Clover
- Beef (Hanisch Farms)
- Chuck Roast (Nancy’s Nest)
- Cubed Steak (Nancy’s Nest)
- Liver (Nancy’s Nest)
- Short Ribs (Nancy’s Nest)
- Soup Bones (Nancy’s Nest)
Where? Public Parking lot on the corner of Sioux Avenue and Coteau Street (1 block east of downtown Pierre)
When? Saturday, 9am-noon
Why? Roast beef, mashed potatoes and gravy, and roasted vegetables.
Be sure to Like us on Facebook @capcityfarmersmarket and Follow us on Instagram and Twitter. You may also follow our website (capcitymarket.com/) for weekly updates.
Please share this with anyone who might be interested. If you are reading this and would like to sign up for our weekly email, send your request to email@example.com.
If you know anyone interested in selling produce, baked goods, meat/poultry, eggs, or craft items, please have them visit our website (capcitymarket.com/) and email Lindy Geraets at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you Saturday!