Wednesday was a long day. The wind was intense and we were working against time to harvest as many of the sensitive crops as possible before the frost last night. The farm hit a low of 25. We didn’t get everything we wanted harvested, but we did save a lot. The long day, the wind, and the cold took it out of us. Since it rained a good part of today anyway, we stayed home and processed some more items for winter. Roasted tomatoes, ground our smoked paprika peppers into a lovely powder, eggplant Parmesan in the freezer, dehydrated apples, applesauce, candied jalapenos, frozen okra to thicken stews and chili, chopped and frozen parsley, and fermenting red jalapenos for hot sauce. I love being in the kitchen with Matt and we feel so accomplished after a day like today. A few more days like this and we should be set until spring.
One of the items we saved last night was bell peppers. So, with very purchase on Saturday at B&G Produce, you will receive a free bell pepper!
You’ve been asking for it and she has been listening. Bab’s Bites ‘n Bones is bringing Grande Caramel Sauce and Clara’s Chocolate Ice Cream Topping to market this weekend!! Be sure to grab some before she sells out. Just a note, the caramel sauce is wonderful with fresh sliced apples.
This will be the last market for B&G Produce’s Basil Kale Pesto. It freezes well, so get a few and toss them into your freezer. You will love enjoying the fresh flavors of summer in a few months.
Also, BLC Ranch is back this weekend after a couple markets. The hat you all loved last weekend…Linda made it! Stop by and check out what else she has to offer. It’s quite possible I will be wearing my mitts this coming Saturday.
Lastly, Prairie Potters Master Gardeners will join us for market! Any questions about saving some of your plants during winter weather, ask them!
As a market, we accept credit cards and EBT. Shop vendors who accept cc/EBT and pay once before you leave! Stop at the Market Manager booth to start the process and have fun shopping.
Baked Goods & Bread
- Caramel Cinnamon Rolls (Bab’s Bites ‘n Bones)
- Coconut Lime Shortbread (hummingbird)
- Coffee Cake (hummingbird)
- Almond Coconut Macaroons, gluten and dairy free (Nancy’s Nest)
- Cheesecake Cookies dipped in Chocolate (Nancy’s Nest)
- Chocolate Hazelnut Rugelach (Nancy’s Nest)
- Granola (B&G Produce)
- Rustic Bread (B&G Produce)
- Cranberry Almond Orange
- Mediterranean Kalamata Goat Cheese
- Six Seed
Coffee & Beverages (hummingbird)
- Cold Brew
- Lavender Lemonade
- Pour Over Coffee
- Crocheted Scrubbies (Bad River Pack)
- Dryer Balls (BLC Ranch)
- Felted Wool Bird Decorations (Bad River Pack)
- Felted Wool Pillows (Bad River Pack)
- Fleece for Hand Spinners (BLC Ranch)
- Icelandic Wool Items (BLC Ranch)
- Adult Ponchos
- Baby Sweaters
- Fingerless Mitts
- Knit Dish Cloths & Scrubbies (Bad River Pack)
- Upcycled Refrigerator Magnets (B&G Produce)
- Wool, lamb & regular (BLC Ranch)
Farm Fresh Eggs (Nancy’s Nest)
Farm to Table
- Basil Kale Pesto (B&G Produce)
- Clara’s Chocolate Ice Cream Topping (Bab’s Bites ‘n Bones)
- Grande Caramel Sauce (Bab’s Bites ‘n Bones)
- Hummus (B&G Produce)
- Cilantro Jalapeno
- Spiced Winter Squash
Four Legged Friends
- Catnip Toys (B&G Produce)
- Dog Biscuits (Bab’s Bites ‘n Bones)
- Hearty Beef, Small & Medium Size
- Fall Flavor, Medium Shapes
- Halloween, Medium Shapes
- Savory Chicken, Small & Medium Size
- Hearty Beef, Small & Medium Size
From The Garden (B&G Produce)
- Broccoli Greens
- Pea Shoots
- Winter Squash
Honey (Nancy’s Nest)
- Beef (Nancy’s Nest)
- Ground Beef
- Rump, limited supply
- Sirloin Tip
- T-Bone, limited supply
- Stew Meat
- Beef Jerky (Bad River Pack)
- Chicken Snack Sticks (Bad River Pack)
- Pemmican (Bad River Pack)
- Summer Sausage Snack & Meat Sticks (Bad River Pack)
Where? Public Parking lot on the corner of Sioux Avenue and Coteau Street (1 block east of downtown Pierre)
When? Saturday, 9am-noon
Why? Cream Cheese Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos in your freezer.
Be sure to Like us on Facebook @capcityfarmersmarket and Follow us on Instagram and Twitter. You may also follow our website for weekly updates.
Please share this with anyone who might be interested. If you are reading this and would like to sign up for our weekly email, send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you know anyone interested in selling produce, baked goods, meat/poultry, eggs, or craft items, please have them visit our website, call or email Julie Bolding at 224.4348 or email@example.com.
See you Saturday!