Only two more Tuesday night markets this season! Both are bound to be great markets, not to be missed. Rotary has a delicious fundraising meal planned including one of my favorites, carnitas! For only a $10 donation ($5 for kids), this meal is a bargain (more information below)!! Plus, wagon rides again this week and a plethora of farmers’ market vendors!!
The weather should have just a chill on it for our market evening. What a great time to start thinking about Halloween and Beverly has some cute decorations just for you! Or, perhaps you need a new wool hat or cowl. If BLC Ranch doesn’t have your size, Linda will create a custom item to perfectly fit you!
Grab a latte from Sunshine Coffee to warm you up and then stroll over to B&G Produce for some Cilantro Jalapeno Hummus and fresh produce!
After you enjoy the fundraising dinner by Rotary, stop by Nancy’s Nest for some brownies and Venner Farm for a little apple crisp! Then, be sure to check out the energy bars at Haines Homestead. Let me just say…Almond Joy, yes please!
As a market, we accept credit cards and EBT. Shop all the vendors and pay once before you leave! Stop at the Market Manager booth to start the process and have fun shopping.
Capital City Farmers’ Market Vendors: B&G Produce, Beverly Duffel, BLC Ranch, Fort Pierre Bicentennial Booth, Haines Homestead, Nancy’s Nest, Sunshine Coffee, Venner Farm
Baked Goods & Bread
- Apple Crisp (Venner Farm)
- Bars (Venner Farm)
- Apple Strudel Bars
- Butterscotch Oatmeal
- Cranberry Almond Orange (B&G Produce)
- Organic Sprouted Spelt Bread (Nancy’s Nest)
- Mediterranean (B&G Produce)
- Six Seed (B&G Produce)
- Breakfast Cookies (Venner Farm)
- Chocolate Chip, gluten free (Venner Farm)
- Ginger Snap Cookies (Venner Farm)
- Organic Ginger Snap Cookies (Nancy’s Nest)
- Organic Oatmeal Raisin (Nancy’s Nest)
- Pecan Sandies (Venner Farm)
- Cupcakes (Venner Farm)
- Chocolate Zucchini
- Energy Bars (Haines Homestead)
- Organic Blueberry Scones, gluten free, egg free, dairy free, sugar free (Nancy’s Nest)
- Organic Fudgy Brownies, gluten free, egg free (Nancy’s Nest)
- Organic Granola – samples available (B&G Produce)
- Pop Tarts (Haines Homestead)
- Quick Breads (Venner Farm)
- Pumpkin Flax
- SD Honey Banana
Bath & Beauty (Haines Homestead)
- Bath Bombs
- Bath Soaks
- Lotion Bars
Coffee & Coffee Beans
- Coffee Beans (B&G Produce)
- Drinks (Sunshine Coffee)
- Hot Chocolate
- Organic Coffee
- Cold Brew
- Drip Coffee
- Organic Tea, cold or hot
- Halloween Décor (Beverly Duffel)
- Icelandic Wool Items (BLC Ranch)
- Adult Ponchos
- Baby Sweaters
- Dryer Balls
- Fingerless Mitts
- Painted Pavers (Beverly Duffel)
- Storage Boxes (Beverly Duffel)
- Wool, lamb & regular (BLC Ranch)
Farm to Table (B&G Produce)
- Basil Kale Pesto – samples available
- Hummus – samples available
- Cilantro Jalapeno
Fort Pierre Bicentennial Memorabilia (Fort Pierre Bicentennial Booth)
From The Garden
- Basil (B&G Produce, Venner Farm)
- Broccoli (B&G Produce)
- Cabbage, Red & Caraflex (B&G Produce)
- Celery (B&G Produce)
- Cherry Tomatoes (B&G Produce)
- Cucumbers (B&G Produce, Venner Farm)
- Bulk Discount from B&G Produce!
- Eggplant (B&G Produce)
- Garlic Chives (Venner Farm)
- Kale (B&G Produce, Venner Farm)
- Mini Romaine (B&G Produce)
- Pea Shoots – samples available (B&G Produce)
- Peppers (Venner Farm)
- Bells (B&G Produce)
- Hot Peppers (B&G Produce)
- Padron (B&G Produce)
- Potatoes (B&G Produce, Venner Farm)
- Shallots (B&G Produce)
- Sorrel (Venner Farm)
- Summer Squash (B&G Produce)
- Swiss Chard (B&G Produce, Venner Farm)
- Tomatoes (B&G Produce, Venner Farm)
- Zucchini (B&G Produce)
Grains & the Like (Venner Farm)
- Organic Golden Flax
- Organic Wheat Berries
- Whole Wheat Flour
Meat (BLC Ranch)
- Ben and Linda are taking deposits for fall lambs. This breakfast is a treat!
Pantry Staples (Venner Farm)
- Dill Seed
- Ground Cayenne
Other Activities & Food…
- Special for September 5th!
- Pierre/Fort Pierre Rotary Club will host “Deals on Meals”, a Community Youth Involved fundraising meal. Adult meal ($10) includes two pork carnitas tacos with pico de gallo, grilled vegetable kabob, and tortilla chips with nacho cheese sauce. Kids meal ($5) includes one taco and choice of vegetable kabob or nachos.
- KGFX will have the Dakota Cruiser for musical entertainment.
- Horse-drawn wagon rides by Willie and Loretta Cowan.
- Paddleboat cruise on the Sunset. More information available here.
- Beer & Pizza by the Chuckwagon
- Brew Birds Food Truck
- Games: ping pong, bean bag toss, life-size Jenga
- Gold Program Children’s Activities, Face Painting
- Popcorn by the American Legion
- Verendrye Museum open
Where? Downtown Fort Pierre, Deadwood Street
When? Tuesday, 5pm-8pm (market vendors until at least 7pm)
Why? If you’ve never had a baked garden potato, you’ve never experienced true happiness.
Be sure to Like us on Facebook @capcityfarmersmarket. You can also follow our blog (https://capcitymarket.wordpress.com/) for weekly updates.
Please share this with anyone who might be interested. If you are reading this and would like to sign up for our weekly email, send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you know anyone interested in selling produce, baked goods, meat/poultry, eggs, or craft items, please have them visit our blog (https://capcitymarket.wordpress.com/), call or email Julie Bolding at 224.4348 or email@example.com.
See you Tuesday!