Well, if this weather doesn’t have you feeling the fall vibes, I don’t know what will. The leaves in our tree belt are starting to turn, the days are visibly shorter, and mornings have a chill in the air. In my book, this is the perfect time for beef roast, baked with lots of fall vegetables.
We’re lucky to have Dakota Cuban back again this weekend. If you missed their burritos last week, be sure to stop down Saturday morning. We’ve fallen in love with their bacon burritos.
As a market, we accept credit cards and EBT. Shop vendors who accept cc/EBT and pay once before you leave! Stop at the Market Manager booth to start the process and have fun shopping.
This week’s vendors: B&G Produce, Bab’s Bites ‘n Bones, Dakota Cuban, hummingbird, Layton’s Produce, One Brand Beef, Pfeifer Beekeepers, Right Turn
Activities & More
- Make Your Own “Happy Fall” Suncatcher!
- Prairie Potters Master Gardeners booth
- Right Turn art booth for free-will donation and raffle tickets
Baked Goods & Bread
- Bars, Pumpkin with Autumn Spice (Bab’s Bites ‘n Bones)
- Coffee Cake (hummingbird)
- Cookies, Salted Dark Chocolate (hummingbird)
- Organic Ingredients
- B&G Granola (B&G Produce)
- Cookies (Nancy’s Nest)
- Chocolate Dipped Cheesecake Cookies
- Oatmeal Raisin
- Rustic Bread (B&G Produce)
- Blue Cheese Bacon
- Cinnamon Raisin Walnut
- Honey Toasted Oat
- Scones, Aronia Berry (Bab’s Bites ‘n Bones)
Beef (One Brand Beef, Nancy’s Nest)
- Ground Beef
- Sirloin Steaks
- Soup Bones
- Stew Meat
- Cold Brew Coffee
- Lavender Lemonade
- Pour Over Coffee
- Art Prints & Cards for free-will donation (Right Turn)
- Peacock Feathers (B&G Produce)
Farm Fresh Eggs (Nancy’s Nest)
Farm to Table (B&G Produce)
- Roasted Garlic Chipotle
- Pesto, Blue Cheese Walnut
Food Truck (Dakota Cuban)
- Breakfast Burritos
- Catnip “Candy” (B&G Produce)
- Dog Biscuits (Bab’s Bites ‘n Bones)
- Hearty Beef, small & medium treats
- Savory Chicken, small & medium treats
From the Garden
- Beets (Layton’s Produce)
- Broccoli (Layton’s Produce)
- Carrots (Layton’s Produce)
- Celery (B&G Produce)
- Cucumbers (Layton’s Produce)
- Eggplant (B&G Produce)
- Green Beans (Layton’s Produce)
- Kale (B&G Produce)
- Leeks (B&G Produce)
- Onions (B&G Produce, Layton’s Produce)
- Pea Shoots (B&G Produce)
- Peppers (Layton’s Produce)
- Bell (B&G Produce)
- Jalapeno (B&G Produce)
- Padron (B&G Produce)
- Summer Squash (B&G Produce)
- Tomatoes (Layton’s Produce)
- Zucchini (B&G Produce)
Fruit (Layton’s Produce)
Honey (Nancy’s Nest & Pfeifer Beekeepers)
Where? Public Parking lot on the corner of Sioux Avenue and Coteau Street (1 block east of downtown Pierre)
When? Saturday, 9am-noon
Why? Fall is in the air…and the vegetables are rolling in!
Be sure to Like us on Facebook @capcityfarmersmarket and Follow us on Instagram and Twitter. You may also follow our website (capcitymarket.com/) for weekly updates.
Please share this with anyone who might be interested. If you are reading this and would like to sign up for our weekly email, send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you know anyone interested in selling produce, baked goods, meat/poultry, eggs, or craft items, please have them visit our website (capcitymarket.com/) and email Lindy Geraets at email@example.com.
See you Saturday!