I missed you all last week while I was working at the State Fair! It’s definitely an exhausting season, being committed to 26 Saturdays in a row. But, those Saturdays are when we all come together. First, as the vendors start arriving for set up, working together to put up the various market booths like the Market Manager and customer sitting area, before setting up their own tents. Joking about how tired we are from the previous night of prep. Then, watching customers start to roll in before the 9am bell. Many times Karen will be there with her green and white check basket. Mike might be peeking around near the bags of granola. And, Mick will be wandering to find the vendor who has eggs that morning. The bell rings at 9am and we all fall into our roles. Chatting with all of you about the Padron peppers you fried up last week, the eggplant dish you plan to make this weekend, and how your week was at work…this has been our Saturday routine for the last four months. Weather permitting, we’ll have two more months ahead. Glorious…because we have a fun Saturday ahead.
Dakota Cuban is back with their delicious breakfast burritos. You can bet we will be in line as soon as possible. Kids can paint their own “Happy Fall” sun catchers. Right Turn will have their student and teacher art for free-will donation. We will have two, that’s right two, honey vendors this weekend! And, we’ll have some fruit! Layton’s Produce will have grapes, pears, watermelon, and apples!! Probably will want to grab some pour over coffee, if we have a few sprinkles in the morning. Might be a good morning to have a cute umbrella with you.
As a market, we accept credit cards and EBT. Shop vendors who accept cc/EBT and pay once before you leave! Stop at the Market Manager booth to start the process and have fun shopping.
This week’s vendors: B&G Produce, Dakota Cuban, hummingbird, Layton’s Produce, Nancy’s Nest, Pfeifer Beekeepers, Right Turn, Vogel Produce
Activities & More
- Make Your Own “Happy Fall” Suncatcher!
- Right Turn art booth for free-will donation and raffle tickets
Baked Goods & Bread
- Angel Food Cake (B&G Produce)
- Organic Ingredients
- B&G Granola (B&G Produce)
- Banana Bread & Muffins (Nancy’s Nest)
- Nut Granola (Nancy’s Nest)
- Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies (Nancy’s Nest)
- PB Banana Oatmeal Muffins (hummingbird)
- Rustic Bread (B&G Produce)
- Asiago Thyme
- Rustic Wheat
- White Chocolate Blueberry
- Shortbread, Lemon Rosemary (hummingbird)
Beef (Nancy’s Nest)
- Cold Brew Coffee
- Lavender Lemonade
- Pour Over Coffee
- Art Prints & Cards for free-will donation (Right Turn)
- Peacock Feathers (B&G Produce)
Farm Fresh Eggs (Nancy’s Nest)
Farm to Table (B&G Produce)
- Charred Scallion & Red Pepper
- Cilantro Jalapeno
- Pesto, Basil Kale
Food Truck (Dakota Cuban)
- Breakfast Burritos
Four-Legged Friends (B&G Produce)
- Catnip “Candy”
From the Garden
- Basil (B&G Produce)
- Beets (Layton’s Produce, Vogel Produce)
- Broccoli (Layton’s Produce)
- Carrots (Layton’s Produce)
- Cucumbers (Layton’s Produce, Vogel Produce)
- Eggplant (B&G Produce)
- Green Beans (Layton’s Produce, Vogel Produce)
- Kale (B&G Produce)
- Leeks (B&G Produce)
- Onions (B&G Produce, Layton’s Produce)
- Peppers (Layton’s Produce, Vogel Produce)
- Bell (B&G Produce)
- Habanero, Golden Ghost (B&G Produce)
- Jalapeno (B&G Produce)
- Padron (B&G Produce)
- Potatoes (B&G Produce, Vogel Produce)
- Summer Squash (B&G Produce)
- Tomatoes (B&G Produce, Layton’s Produce, Vogel Produce)
- Zucchini (B&G Produce)
Fruit (Layton’s Produce)
Honey (Nancy’s Nest & Pfeifer Beekeepers)
Where? Public Parking lot on the corner of Sioux Avenue and Coteau Street (1 block east of downtown Pierre)
When? Saturday, 9am-noon
Why? Breakfast burritos and lavender lemonade!
Be sure to Like us on Facebook @capcityfarmersmarket and Follow us on Instagram and Twitter. You may also follow our website (capcitymarket.com/) for weekly updates.
Please share this with anyone who might be interested. If you are reading this and would like to sign up for our weekly email, send your request to email@example.com.
If you know anyone interested in selling produce, baked goods, meat/poultry, eggs, or craft items, please have them visit our website (capcitymarket.com/) and email Lindy Geraets at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you Saturday!