I’ll be honest with all of you. I am giddy waiting for that small handful of cherry tomatoes. The first ones will be popped directly into my mouth and thoroughly enjoyed. But, the next set? Those will be roasted and tossed into a warm pasta of roasted eggplant, pesto, and fresh mozzarella…one of my absolute favorite summer meals.
I’m not over the other lovely garden items. Our pickling cucumbers have spent more time as slicers this season and I’m loving them. Try this Roasted Sweet Potato & Sauteed Greens Poke Bowl for a wonderful summer meal that also makes excellent lunch leftovers.
We are excited to welcome the Right Turn this weekend. They are hosting a booth to showcase artwork created by students and staff. Cards and prints will be available with donations to support their education programs. Right Turn is a United Way partner agency that supports education across the lifespan. Staff will be available to provide information about upcoming classes and answer questions.
As a market, we accept credit cards and EBT. Shop vendors who accept cc/EBT and pay once before you leave! Stop at the Market Manager booth to start the process and have fun shopping.
This week’s vendors: B&G Produce, Bab’s Bites ‘n Bones, Beverly Duffel, Flavorgasm, Haiwick Heritage Ranch, Right Turn
Activities & More
- Prairie Potters Master Gardeners information booth
- Right Turn showcasing student and staff artwork, free will donation to purchase
Baked Goods & Bread
- Cupcakes (Flavorgasm)
- Banana Split with Strawberry Buttercream Frosting
- Pina Colada with Cherry Buttercream Frosting
- Triple Chocolate with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- White Chocolate with Pistachio Buttercream Frosting
- Rustic Bread (B&G Produce)
- Asiago Thyme
- Rustic Wheat
- White Chocolate Blueberry
- Scones (Bab’s Bites ‘n Bones)
- Candied Pecan & Pear
- Just Rhubarb
Beef (Haiwick Heritage Ranch)
- Ground Beef
- Kabob Meat
- Short Ribs
- Soup Bones
- Tenderized Round
Bouquets (B&G Produce)
- Peacock Feathers
- Baby Items (Beverly Duffel)
- Burp Rags
- Crochet Sweater Sets
- Bowl Cozies (Beverly Duffel)
- Cards & Prints, free will donation (Right Turn)
- Potholders (Beverly Duffel)
- Storage Boxes (Beverly Duffel)
- Table Runners & Toppers (Beverly Duffel)
- Tea Towels (Beverly Duffel)
- Wall Hangings (Beverly Duffel)
Farm to Table (B&G Produce)
- Charred Scallion & Red Pepper
- Cilantro Jalapeno
- Pesto, Blue Cheese Walnut
Four-Legged Friends (Bab’s Bites ‘n Bones)
- Dog Biscuits
- Hearty Beef, small & medium size bags
- Savory Chicken, small & medium size bags
From the Garden (B&G Produce)
- New Potatoes
- Pea Shoots
- Summer Squash
Where? Public Parking lot on the corner of Sioux Avenue and Coteau Street (1 block east of downtown Pierre)
When? Saturday, 9am-noon
Why? Fresh summer ingredients make dinner easy and delicious!
Be sure to Like us on Facebook @capcityfarmersmarket and Follow us on Instagram and Twitter. You may also follow our website (capcitymarket.com/) for weekly updates.
Please share this with anyone who might be interested. If you are reading this and would like to sign up for our weekly email, send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you know anyone interested in selling produce, baked goods, meat/poultry, eggs, or craft items, please have them visit our website (capcitymarket.com/), call or email Julie Bolding at 224.4348 or email@example.com.
See you Saturday!