We’re starting to feel a bit like summer, aren’t we? Once we consistently hit 90 degrees and above, I want all of my food to be cold. I’ve been noshing on Caesar salads, using garden greens and homemade dressing, all week. On the menu for next week is this kale salad and this amazing Thai Steak & Noodle Salad. Try not to get too held up on ingredients…go with what’s in season. This particular recipe calls for arugula and watercress. I plan to use kale and pea shoots among other fresh garden produce. Flank steak, sirloin, or ribeye would all be great options for the beef part of this recipe. I’m super excited about all the bright and pungent flavors…lime, ginger, fish sauce. I’m in.
We have a new vendor this week. Mel & Me are bringing handmade soap, crocheted dishcloths, herbs, and some produce. Stop by and welcome them to market!
And, for some additional market fun, Amanda will be face painting this weekend. We will also have a Make Your Own 4th of July Magnetic Photo Frame booth. Both of these activities are FREE!
As a market, we accept credit cards and EBT. Shop vendors who accept cc/EBT and pay once before you leave! Stop at the Market Manager booth to start the process and have fun shopping.
This week’s vendors: B&G Produce, Bab’s Bites ‘n Bones, Beverly Duffel, Cedar Creek Gardens, Flavorgasm, Krause Family Orchard, Mel & Me, Nancy’s Nest, One Brand Beef
Activities & More
- Face Painting with Amanda!
- Make Your Own 4th of July Magnetic Photo Frame
Apple Cider Products (Krause Family Orchard)
- Cider, quarts & half gallon
- Freezer Pops
Baked Goods & Bread
- Bars, Salted Caramel (B&G Produce)
- Cake, Rhubarb (Bab’s Bites ‘n Bones)
- Cinnamon Rolls, Sticky Caramel (Bab’s Bites ‘n Bones)
- Cupcakes (Flavorgasm)
- Apple Pie
- Black Forest
- Confetti Cake
- Lavender Lemonade
- Organic Ingredients (B&G Produce)
- Rustic Bread (B&G Produce)
- Fig & Fennel
- Parmesan & Black Pepper
- Toasted Sesame
Beef (Nancy’s Nest, One Brand Beef)
- Special Beef Offers (One Brand Beef)
- Buy 10lbs Single-Sourced Ground Beef, get 1lb FREE
- 10% off All Steaks (Try this salad!)
Canned Goods (Cedar Creek Gardens)
- Dill Pickles
- Pickled Asparagus
- Baby Items (Beverly Duffel)
- Burp Rags
- Crochet Sweater Sets
- Bowl Cozies (Beverly Duffel)
- Crocheted Washcloths (Mel & Me)
- Potholders (Beverly Duffel)
- Storage Boxes (Beverly Duffel)
- Table Runners & Toppers (Beverly Duffel)
- Tea Towels (Beverly Duffel)
- Wall Hangings (Beverly Duffel)
Eggs (B&G Produce, Cedar Creek Gardens, Nancy’s Nest)
Farm to Table (B&G Produce)
- Hummus, Cumin Lime
- Pesto, Green Garlic
Flowers (B&G Produce)
Four-Legged Friends (Bab’s Bites ‘n Bones)
- Dog Biscuits
- Hearty Beef, small & medium size treats
- Savory Chicken, small & medium size treats
From The Garden
- Beets (Cedar Creek Gardens)
- Broccoli (Cedar Creek Gardens)
- Broccolini (B&G Produce)
- Carrots (Cedar Creek Gardens)
- Curly Endive (B&G Produce)
- Garlic Scapes (B&G Produce)
- Herbs (Mel & Me)
- Kale (Cedar Creek Gardens)
- Lettuce (B&G Produce)
- Mini Romaine
- Mixed Lettuce
- Pea Shoots (B&G Produce)
- Radishes (B&G Produce, Cedar Creek Gardens)
- Sugar Snap Peas (Cedar Creek Gardens)
- Swiss Chard (Cedar Creek Gardens)
- Tomatoes (Cedar Creek Gardens)
Handmade Soap (Mel & Me)
Honey (Krause Family Orchard)
Where? Public Parking lot on the corner of Sioux Avenue and Coteau Street (1 block east of downtown Pierre)
When? Saturday, 9am-noon
Why? Cider pops on a 100 degree day are a must!
Be sure to Like us on Facebook @capcityfarmersmarket and Follow us on Instagram and Twitter. You may also follow our website (capcitymarket.com/) for weekly updates.
Please share this with anyone who might be interested. If you are reading this and would like to sign up for our weekly email, send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you know anyone interested in selling produce, baked goods, meat/poultry, eggs, or craft items, please have them visit our website (capcitymarket.com/), call or email Julie Bolding at 224.4348 or email@example.com.
See you Saturday!