I love finding new ways to use and preserve vegetables, especially veggies we have an abundance of in the garden…like zucchini. These Zucchini Meatballs are super amazing. So amazing, we (well, honestly mostly Matt) ate them over the course of two days. This weekend, I’m making a bunch more to freeze. Give them a try and let me know what you think.
I’m so excited this weekend to welcome back a vendor we haven’t seen in a while. Marcia from Sweet Peas is coming back to market this weekend! And, you are in for a treat because she is bringing her delicious caramel apples and monster cookies!! Please stop by and welcome Marcia back to the group.
Be sure to hop onto our Facebook page and comment on this week’s market post with your favorite fall meal using farmers’ market ingredients. You’ll be entered for a chance to win a dish towel set and bag of B&G Produce buttermilk biscuits!
Lastly, Hanisch Farms will be attending their monthly market next Saturday. If you want to pre-order or have a large order, please do so by Wednesday, September 19. Contact information is available on their website, www.hanischfarms.com.
As a market, we accept credit cards and EBT. Shop vendors who accept cc/EBT and pay once before you leave! Stop at the Market Manager booth to start the process and have fun shopping.
This week’s vendors: B&G Produce, hummingbird, Layton’s Produce, Nancy’s Nest, Sweet Peas
Baked Goods & Bread
- Blueberry Muffins, gluten free (hummingbird)
- Buttermilk Biscuits (B&G Produce)
- Feta Chive
- Sugared Lemon Blueberry with Citrus Glaze
- Coconut Lime Shortbread (hummingbird)
- Monster Cookies (Sweet Peas)
- Cheese Cake Cookies Dipped in Chocolate (Nancy’s Nest)
- Granola (B&G Produce)
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (Nancy’s Nest)
- Rustic Bread (B&G Produce)
- Blue Cheese Bacon
- Pumpkin Harvest
- Rustic Wheat
- Sun-Dried Tomato Roasted Garlic
Coffee & Beverages (hummingbird)
- Cold Brew
- Lavender Lemonade
- Pour Over Coffee
Coffee Beans (B&G Produce)
Creative Items (B&G Produce)
- Upcycled Refrigerator Magnets
Farm Fresh Eggs (Nancy’s Nest)
Farm to Table
- Blue Cheese Walnut Pesto (B&G Produce)
- Caramel Apples (Sweet Peas)
- Hummus (B&G Produce)
- Almond Miso
- Roasted Garlic Chipotle
Four Legged Friends (B&G Produce)
- Catnip Toys
From The Garden
- Apples (Layton’s Produce)
- Broccoli (Layton’s Produce)
- Carrots (B&G Produce, Layton’s Produce)
- Cucumbers (B&G Produce)
- 5lb bags of pickling cucumbers, sale!
- Garlic (B&G Produce)
- Green Beans (B&G Produce)
- Herbs (B&G Produce)
- Kale (B&G Produce)
- Okra (B&G Produce)
- Onions (Layton’s Produce)
- Pea Shoots (B&G Produce)
- Pears (Layton’s Produce)
- Peppers, hot & sweet (B&G Produce, Layton’s Produce)
- Potatoes (B&G Produce)
- Summer Squash (B&G Produce)
- Tomatoes (B&G Produce, Layton’s Produce)
- Zucchini (B&G Produce)
Honey (Nancy’s Nest)
Meat (Nancy’s Nest)
- Ground Beef
- Rump, limited supply
- T-Bone, limited supply
- Stew Meat
Where? Public Parking lot on the corner of Sioux Avenue and Coteau Street (1 block east of downtown Pierre)
When? Saturday, 9am-noon
Why? Caramel apples and cold brew!
Be sure to Like us on Facebook @capcityfarmersmarket and Follow us on Instagram and Twitter. You may also follow our website for weekly updates.
Please share this with anyone who might be interested. If you are reading this and would like to sign up for our weekly email, send your request to email@example.com.
If you know anyone interested in selling produce, baked goods, meat/poultry, eggs, or craft items, please have them visit our website, call or email Julie Bolding at 224.4348 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you Saturday!