We love when The Bloodwashed Band of SD comes to play at market! Stay for a while and enjoy their tunes while noshing on some baked goods and savoring some fresh coffee. We’ll have a tent set up with a table and chairs for your Saturday morning entertainment.
Customers have been asking how to prepare kohlrabi. Give this slaw a try. It’s wonderful!
Please help us welcome new vendor, Vogel Produce. Dave and Marva are bringing some lovely vegetables to market. Be sure to stop by and say hi.
Speaking of new…new potatoes will be at market this weekend! If you’ve never had a garden potato, you are missing out. They are amazing!! Simply boiled and tossed with butter and chopped chives. Boom.
Burnished Hope and Boom Shack Studio are holding a couple more jewelry classes this month. Check out more information here.
The Pierre Chamber of Commerce is planning its annual Ag tour on August 1. This year, visit Rilling Produce and enjoy dinner on-site by Richie Z’s. Tickets are available at the Pierre Chamber. More information is available here.
As a market, we accept credit cards and EBT. Shop vendors who accept cc/EBT and pay once before you leave! Stop at the Market Manager booth to start the process and have fun shopping.
Activities & More
- Live music by The Bloodwashed Band of SD
Baked Goods & Bread
- Buttermilk Biscuits (B&G Produce)
- White Chocolate Lime with Citrus Glaze
- Cobblers (Venner Farm)
- Coconut Lime Shortbread (hummingbird)
- Cookies (Venner Farm)
- Breakfast Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cranberry, gluten free
- Ginger Snap
- Double Chocolate Brownies
- Blueberry, gluten free (hummingbird)
- Mini Rhubarb (Venner Farm)
- Blueberry Lemon Muffins (Nancy’s Nest)
- Chocolate Chip Chia Energy Bites (Nancy’s Nest)
- Cookies (The Mellow Coconut)
- Granola (B&G Produce)
- Triple Chip Chocolate Cookies (Nancy’s Nest)
- Quick Breads (Venner Farm)
- Lemon Poppy Seed
- SD Honey Banana
Beef (Nancy’s Nest)
- Ground Beef, 1lb
- Roasts, 3-4lb each
- Sirloin Tip
- Steak, 2 per package
- Stew Meat, approximately 1lb
Coffee & Beverages
- Coffee, Espresso, Lattes (Brewbirds)
- Cold Brew (hummingbird)
- Italian Sodas (Brewbirds)
- Lavender Lemonade (hummingbird)
- Pour Over Coffee (hummingbird)
- Smoothies (Brewbirds)
Coffee Beans (B&G Produce)
- Bookmarks (Burnished Hope)
- Copper & Silver Jewelry (Burnished Hope)
- Earring & Necklace Sets
- Decorative Signs (Beverly Duffel)
- Glass Jewelry (Burnished Hope)
- Keychains (Burnished Hope)
- Storage & Planter Boxes (Beverly Duffel)
- Table Runners (Beverly Duffel)
- Upcycled Refrigerator Magnets (B&G Produce)
- Wall Hangings (Beverly Duffel)
- Wood Yard Signs (Beverly Duffel)
Farm Fresh Eggs (B&G Produce, Nancy’s Nest)
Farm to Table (B&G Produce)
- Charred Scallion & Red Pepper
Four Legged Friends (B&G Produce)
- Catnip Toys
From The Garden
- Beets (Vogel Produce)
- Bell Peppers (Vogel Produce)
- Broccoli (Vogel Produce)
- Cabbage (Vogel Produce)
- Carrots (B&G Produce)
- Cucumbers (Vogel Produce)
- Basil (B&G Produce)
- Chives (B&G Produce)
- Dill (Venner Farm, Vogel Produce)
- Sage (B&G Produce)
- Kale (B&G Produce)
- Kohlrabi (B&G Produce)
- New Potatoes (B&G Poduce)
- Pea Shoots (B&G Produce)
- Radicchio (B&G Produce)
- Radish (Vogel Produce)
- Rhubarb (Venner Farm)
- Summer Squash (Vogel Produce)
- White Onions (Vogel Produce)
- Yellow Banana Peppers (Vogel Produce)
- Zucchini (B&G Produce, Vogel Produce)
Fruit (Venner Farm)
- Choke Cherries
Grains & the Like (Venner Farm)
- Freshly Ground Whole Wheat Flour
- Organic Flax
- Organic Wheat Berries
Organic Bath & Body (Mellow Coconut)
- Elderberry Syrup
- Herbal Teas & Tonics
- Toxin Free Skin Care
- Toxin Free Sun Protection Cream
Where? Public Parking lot on the corner of Sioux Avenue and Coteau Street (1 block east of downtown Pierre)
When? Saturday, 9am-noon
Why? Live music, warm breeze, cold brew, and double chocolate brownies.
Be sure to Like us on Facebook @capcityfarmersmarket and Follow us on Instagram and Twitter. You may also follow our website for weekly updates.
Please share this with anyone who might be interested. If you are reading this and would like to sign up for our weekly email, send your request to email@example.com.
If you know anyone interested in selling produce, baked goods, meat/poultry, eggs, or craft items, please have them visit our website, call or email Julie Bolding at 224.4348 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you Saturday!