Many of you have asked how many weeks we have left this season. Well, it’s quite a few! Our last market is November 18, the Saturday before Thanksgiving. You still have plenty of time to stock up on items for winter! Matt and I transplanted a bunch of mini romaine and planted some radish and turnips yesterday in hopes to have them for the last couple weeks of market. Just think…local lettuce as part of your Thanksgiving meal!
Speaking of Thanksgiving and Fall, we have everything you need to get you in the mood for cool weather and upcoming holidays. Warm spiced apple cider at Sunshine Coffee is an excellent way to start your Saturday morning. Halloween décor from Beverly Duffel and a few gourds from B&G Produce. Grab an apple pie from Nancy’s Nest and some Spiced Winter Squash Hummus from B&G Produce.
And for your afternoon snacks, stop by Bad River Pack. They are back!!! We’ve missed Don and Mary, but they are joining us this weekend with freshly made products. I’m a big fan of their beef jerky.
One more thing and I hate to even mention it, but…we’re getting close to the end of tomato season. Take advantage of fresh garden tomatoes while they are available. Matt and I roast up a bunch of tomatoes for tomato sauce throughout the winter months and make Gnocchi De La Mama. I highly recommend this dish…like, a lot.
As a market, we accept credit cards and EBT. Shop all the vendors and pay once before you leave! Stop at the Market Manager booth to start the process and have fun shopping.
This week’s vendors: B&G Produce, Bad River Pack, Beverly Duffel, Nancy’s Nest, Sunshine Coffee
Baked Goods & Bread
- Aged White Cheddar Sage Buttermilk Biscuits – samples available (B&G Produce) – NEW!!
- Apple Pie, 6” & 9” (Nancy’s Nest)
- Beet & Feta Muffins (Nancy’s Nest)
- Chocolate Hazelnut Rugelach (Nancy’s Nest)
- Frosted Carrot Cake, gluten free (Nancy’s Nest)
- Granola – samples available (B&G Produce)
- Oatmeal Energy Bites, gluten free (Nancy’s Nest)
- Whole Wheat Bread (Nancy’s Nest)
- Rustic Bread (B&G Produce)
- Fig & Fennel
- Pepper Jack
Coffee & Coffee Beans
- Coffee Beans (B&G Produce)
- Drinks (Sunshine Coffee)
- Apple Cider, cold or hot
- Hot Chocolate
- Organic Coffee
- Cold Brew
- Drip Coffee
- Organic Tea, cold or hot
- Decorative Gourds (B&G Produce) – NEW!!
- Halloween Décor (Beverly Duffel)
- Painted Pavers (Beverly Duffel)
- Pumpkins (B&G Produce)
- Storage Boxes (Beverly Duffel)
Farm Fresh Eggs (B&G Produce)
Farm to Table (B&G Produce)
- Hummus – samples available
- Spiced Winter Squash – NEW!!
From The Garden (B&G Produce)
- Cabbage, red
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Cucumbers – possibly the last weekend
- Escarole – Recipe Idea!
- Napa Cabbage
- Pea Shoots – samples available
- Bell Peppers
- Hot Peppers
- Spaghetti Squash
- Summer Squash – probably the last weekend
- Swiss Chard
- Tomatoes – Recipe Idea!
- Zucchini – probably the last weekend
- Radicchio – NEW!!
- Virtus — Recipe Idea!
- Winter Squash
Fruit (B&G Produce)
- Apples – NEW!!
Meat (Bad River Pack)
- Beef Jerky
- Beef Sticks
- Pemmican – samples available
- Beef & Chicken
- Summer Sausage
Where? Public Parking lot on the corner of Sioux Avenue and Coteau Street (1 block east of downtown Pierre)
When? Saturday, 9am-noon
Why? You may not be able to say Rugelach, but you definitely want to eat it!
Be sure to Like us on Facebook @capcityfarmersmarket. You can also follow our blog (https://capcitymarket.wordpress.com/) for weekly updates.
Please share this with anyone who might be interested. If you are reading this and would like to sign up for our weekly email, send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you know anyone interested in selling produce, baked goods, meat/poultry, eggs, or craft items, please have them visit our blog (https://capcitymarket.wordpress.com/), call or email Julie Bolding at 224.4348 or email@example.com.
See you Saturday!