This is our last Tuesday night market and it’s going to be a great one!! This is “Turkey Races Night” at market with fun games and activities, Pierre Streetmasters are back showing off their cool cars, the Kiwanis Club is holding a fundraising meal to support the Community Youth Involved center, live music by the Blood Washed Band of South Dakota, and wagon rides by the Cowans! Plus, the farmers’ market vendors have some amazing items for your week ahead!
Start your stroll through market with a refreshing apple cider from Sunshine Coffee. Then head on over to Beverly’s booth and check out her Halloween décor. Follow that with a stop at the Fort Pierre Bicentennial Booth. Be sure to check out their cookbook. Next, stop at BLC Ranch to peruse their beautiful handmade wool items. Perhaps a new cowl?
Now tame your sweet tooth with a stop at Nancy’s Nest for a cherry pie or chocolate rugelach. Moving on to Venner Farm, you need the pecan sandies (ok, I need them) and some of her apple strudel bars. Balance that sweet tooth with some savory rosemary gruyere bread and blue cheese walnut pesto from B&G Produce. Of course, be sure to include some super fresh vegetables from B&G Produce and Venner Farm.
After some games and the fundraising meal, you should be ready to head home for the evening and relax.
As a market, we accept credit cards and EBT. Shop all the vendors and pay once before you leave! Stop at the Market Manager booth to start the process and have fun shopping.
Capital City Farmers’ Market Vendors: B&G Produce, BLC Ranch, Fort Pierre Bicentennial Booth, Nancy’s Nest, Sunshine Coffee, Venner Farm
Baked Goods & Bread
- Apple Crisp (Venner Farm)
- Apple Strudel Bars (Venner Farm)
- Bread (B&G Produce)
- Cinnamon Raisin Walnut
- Rosemary Gruyere
- Rustic Millet
- Breakfast Cookies (Venner Farm)
- Chocolate Chip, gluten free (Venner Farm)
- Date Drop Cookies (Venner Farm)
- Ginger Snap Cookies (Venner Farm)
- Organic Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies (Nancy’s Nest)
- Pecan Sandies (Venner Farm)
- Organic Cherry Pie, 6 inch & 9 inch (Nancy’s Nest) – NEW!!
- Organic Chocolate Rugelach (Nancy’s Nest) – NEW!!
- Organic Cranberry Energy Bites (Nancy’s Nest)
- Organic Frosted Cinnamon Rolls (Nancy’s Nest)
- Organic Granola – samples available (B&G Produce)
- Quick Breads
- Organic Banana Walnut (Nancy’s Nest) – NEW!!
- Pumpkin Cranberry (Venner Farm) – NEW!!
- Pumpkin Flax (Venner Farm)
- SD Honey Banana (Venner Farm)
Coffee & Coffee Beans
- Coffee Beans (B&G Produce)
- Drinks (Sunshine Coffee)
- Apple Cider, cold or hot – NEW!!
- Hot Chocolate
- Organic Coffee
- Cold Brew
- Drip Coffee
- Organic Tea, cold or hot
- Halloween Décor (Beverly Duffel)
- Icelandic Wool Items (BLC Ranch)
- Adult Ponchos
- Baby Sweaters
- Dryer Balls
- Fingerless Mitts
- Painted Pavers (Beverly Duffel)
- Pine Cones for Holiday Decorating (Venner Farm)
- Storage Boxes (Beverly Duffel)
- Wool, lamb & regular (BLC Ranch)
Farm to Table (B&G Produce)
- Blue Cheese Walnut Pesto – samples available
- Hummus – samples available
- Roasted Garlic Chipotle
Fort Pierre Bicentennial Memorabilia (Fort Pierre Bicentennial Booth)
From The Garden
- Basil (Venner Farm)
- Cabbage (B&G Produce)
- Celery (B&G Produce)
- Cherry Tomatoes (B&G Produce)
- Armenian (B&G Produce)
- Pickling (Venner Farm)
- Slicing (B&G Produce, Venner Farm)
- Dill (Venner Farm)
- Eggplant (B&G Produce) – Recipe Ideas!
- Garlic Chives (Venner Farm)
- Head Lettuce (B&G Produce)
- Kale (B&G Produce)
- Leeks (B&G Produce)
- Mixed Lettuce (B&G Produce)
- Mint (Venner Farm)
- Okra (B&G Produce)
- Onions (B&G Produce)
- Parsley (B&G Produce)
- Pea Shoots – samples available (B&G Produce) – Recipe Ideas!
- Bells (B&G Produce, Venner Farm)
- Hot Peppers (B&G Produce, Venner Farm)
- Padron (B&G Produce)
- Potatoes (B&G Produce, Venner Farm)
- Sage (Venner Farm)
- Scallions (B&G Produce)
- Shallots (B&G Produce)
- Summer Squash (B&G Produce)
- Swiss Chard (B&G Produce, Venner Farm)
- Tomatoes (B&G Produce, Venner Farm)
- Zucchini (B&G Produce, Venner Farm)
Grains & the Like (Venner Farm)
- Organic Golden Flax
- Organic Wheat Berries
- Whole Wheat Flour
Meat (BLC Ranch)
- Ben and Linda are taking deposits for fall lambs. A perfectly cooked lamb chop with mint sauce is something to behold.
Pantry Staples (Venner Farm)
- Dill Seed
- Dried Cayenne Peppers
Other Activities & Food…
- Special for September 12th!
- “Turkey Races Night” at market this Tuesday. A few different games and activities for kids and families to bring back fond memories the community has for this beloved community event!
- Pierre Streetmasters are back to show off their cool collection of cars.
- The Kiwanis Club is doing a fundraising meal to benefit the Community Youth Involved center.
- Live music by the Blood Washed Band of South Dakota.
- Horse-drawn wagon rides by Wille and Loretta Cowan.
- Paddleboat cruise on the Sunset. More information available here.
- Beer & Pizza by the Chuckwagon
- Brew Birds Food Truck
- Games: ping pong, bean bag toss, life-size Jenga
- Gold Program Children’s Activities, Face Painting
- Popcorn by the American Legion
- Verendrye Museum open
Where? Downtown Fort Pierre, Deadwood Street
When? Tuesday, 5pm-8pm (market vendors until at least 7pm)
Why? This is the LAST Tuesday night market of the season. Get on over and see us!
Be sure to Like us on Facebook @capcityfarmersmarket. You can also follow our blog (https://capcitymarket.wordpress.com/) for weekly updates.
Please share this with anyone who might be interested. If you are reading this and would like to sign up for our weekly email, send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you know anyone interested in selling produce, baked goods, meat/poultry, eggs, or craft items, please have them visit our blog (https://capcitymarket.wordpress.com/), call or email Julie Bolding at 224.4348 or email@example.com.
See you Tuesday!