Matt and I spent the night in our camper at the farm earlier this week. We get started a lot faster on harvest mornings if we simply wake up at the farm. I made sure my BLC Ranch wool hat was with me and I was happy to have it on that 45 degree morning, while harvesting mini romaine lettuce!
Vendors have a few new items this week. Bab’s is introducing a Strawberry, Ginger, & Chia Seed Scone. Like all of her baked goods, these are sure to quickly disappear, so stop her booth early. Along with a new Pop Tart flavor (blueberry!!), Haines Homestead is also offering a Hair Rinse with her Bath & Body products. And B&G Produce will have Rustic Millet bread made with local millet.
Be sure to make a stop at Beverly’s booth to check out her cute Halloween décor before finishing your market stroll. Oh, and just in case you need this…B&G Produce has White Chocolate Lime biscuits and Blue Cheese Walnut Pesto this week.
If any of you out there need recipe ideas for eggplant, give these a try!
Lastly, we will also have an SD Anti-Corruption Amendment petition signing booth this weekend. Charlene Lund is a volunteer circulating the petition, which is an amendment to the SD Constitution, changing campaign finance and lobbying laws. If you’re not sure what this is about, she will have informational handouts as well.
As a market, we accept credit cards and EBT. Shop all the vendors and pay once before you leave! Stop at the Market Manager booth to start the process and have fun shopping.
This week’s vendors: B&G Produce, Bab’s Bites ‘n Bones, Beverly Duffel, BLC Ranch, Haines Homestead
Baked Goods & Bread
- Buttermilk Biscuits (B&G Produce)
- White Chocolate Lime with Citrus Icing – samples available
- Energy Bars (Haines Homestead)
- Almond Cookie
- Almond Joy
- Pecan Pie
- Organic Granola – samples available (B&G Produce)
- Pop Tarts, gluten free (Haines Homestead)
- Blueberry – NEW!!
- Brown Sugar
- Rustic Bread (B&G Produce)
- Cinnamon Raisin Walnut
- Rosemary Gruyere
- Rustic Millet – NEW!!
- Strawberry, Ginger, & Chia Seed Scones (Bab’s Bites ‘n Bones) – NEW!!
Bath & Beauty (Haines Homestead)
- Bath Bombs
- Bath Soaks
- Hair Rinse – NEW!!
- Lotion Bars
Coffee Beans (B&G Produce)
- Halloween Décor (Beverly Duffel)
- Custom Fall or Quote Paintings (Haines Homestead) – NEW!!
- Icelandic Wool Items (BLC Ranch)
- Adult Ponchos
- Baby Sweaters
- Dryer Balls
- Fingerless Mitts
- Painted Pavers (Beverly Duffel)
- Storage Boxes (Beverly Duffel) – NEW!!
- Wool, lamb & regular (BLC Ranch)
Farm Fresh Eggs (B&G Produce)
Farm to Table (B&G Produce)
- Blue Cheese Walnut Pesto – samples available
- Hummus – samples available
- Roasted Garlic Chipotle
Four-Legged Friends (Bab’s Bites ‘n Bones)
- Hearty Beef Dog Biscuits, bags of various sizes
- Savory Chicken Dog Biscuits, bags of various sizes
From The Garden (B&G Produce)
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Cucumbers – Bulk Discount!
- Slicers — Recipe Idea!
- Eggplant – Recipe Idea!
- Mini Romaine
- Mixed Lettuce
- Pea Shoots – samples available
- Bell Peppers
- Hot Peppers
- Kennebec & Russet
- Summer Squash
- Swiss Chard
Meat (BLC Ranch)
- Lamb – Ben and Linda are taking deposits for fall lamb. Just think, you could try this Shawarma Spiced Braised Leg of Lamb recipe.
Where? Public Parking lot on the corner of Sioux Avenue and Coteau Street (1 block east of downtown Pierre)
When? Saturday, 9am-noon
Why? Mixed lettuce is back!
Be sure to Like us on Facebook @capcityfarmersmarket. You can also follow our blog (https://capcitymarket.wordpress.com/) for weekly updates.
Please share this with anyone who might be interested. If you are reading this and would like to sign up for our weekly email, send your request to email@example.com.
If you know anyone interested in selling produce, baked goods, meat/poultry, eggs, or craft items, please have them visit our blog (https://capcitymarket.wordpress.com/), call or email Julie Bolding at 224.4348 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you Saturday!