We’re already to the last market of August, folks! How is it possible September is here on Friday?! This is always the time of year when I feel a little conflicted. Although our tomatoes have been sparse this year, I’m still encouraging their growth and pining for more BLT’s. At the same time, I’m starting to crave hearty stews like our Turkey Chard Chili and Lamb, Kale, Sweet Potato Stew (recipe coming soon). It’s a difficult time of year. Sigh
As part of B&G Produce, I’d like to say we’re pretty excited this week. We are currently featured in South Dakota Magazine within an excellent article about farmers’ markets in our State. We were also recently interviewed by MJ Adams of Savor Dakota and a video by South Dakota Public Broadcasting is now available online. We are so thankful and appreciative for the opportunity to share what we’re doing in our community.
On to the extraordinary Tuesday night market ahead. And, it really is extraordinary. You might want to start at Sunshine Coffee to pick up a delicious latte because you’ll need all the energy you can get to take everything in. Beck Motors is hosting the fundraising meal to benefit Feeding South Dakota with their hot dog stand. They will also have their “Trikes” available for kids and adults to ride!! The Zonta Club is doing a pie and ice cream fundraiser, so dessert is covered! And, if you noticed the horse-drawn wagon rides last week, but didn’t get a chance to ride…they will be back again this week!
If you’re like some of us, you’ll need a little more sweetness after your stop at the Zonta Club fundraiser. No problem! The farmers’ market vendors have you covered!! Nancy’s Nest has Organic Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies and Haines Homestead will have her delicious Pop Tarts again. If you’re more on the savory train, stop by B&G Produce for some of their locally famous Blue Cheese Walnut Pesto and plenty of fresh vegetables.
As a market, we accept credit cards and EBT. Shop all the vendors and pay once before you leave! Stop at the Market Manager booth to start the process and have fun shopping.
Capital City Farmers’ Market Vendors: B&G Produce, Beverly Duffel, BLC Ranch, Fort Pierre Bicentennial Booth, Haines Homestead, Nancy’s Nest, Sunshine Coffee
Baked Goods & Bread
- Asiago Thyme (B&G Produce)
- Organic Sprouted Whole Wheat (Nancy’s Nest)
- Organic Walnut Cranberry (Nancy’s Nest)
- Rustic Wheat (B&G Produce)
- White Chocolate Blueberry (B&G Produce)
- Cookies (Nancy’s Nest)
- Organic Oatmeal Raisin
- Organic Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cupcakes, gluten free (Haines Homestead) – NEW!!
- Energy Bars, gluten free (Haines Homestead)
- Organic Blueberry Scones, gluten free, egg free, dairy free, sugar free (Nancy’s Nest)
- Organic Caramel Cinnamon Rolls (Nancy’s Nest)
- Organic Carrot Cake Muffins, gluten free (Nancy’s Nest)
- Organic Granola – samples available (B&G Produce)
- Organic Scotcharoos (Nancy’s Nest)
- Pop Tarts, gluten free (Haines Homestead)
Bath & Beauty (Haines Homestead)
- Bath Bombs
- Bath Soaks
- Lotion Sticks
Coffee & Coffee Beans
- Coffee Beans (B&G Produce)
- Drinks (Sunshine Coffee)
- Fresh Squeezed Lemonade
- Hot Chocolate
- Organic Coffee
- Cold Brew
- Drip Coffee
- Organic Tea, cold or hot
- Halloween Décor (Beverly Duffel)
- Icelandic Wool Items (BLC Ranch)
- Adult Ponchos
- Baby Sweaters
- Dryer Balls
- Fingerless Mitts
- Painted Pavers (Beverly Duffel)
- Wool, lamb & regular (BLC Ranch)
Farm to Table (B&G Produce)
- Blue Cheese Walnut Pesto – samples available
- Hummus – samples available
- Herbed Artichoke
Fort Pierre Bicentennial Memorabilia (Fort Pierre Bicentennial Booth)
From The Garden
- Broccoli (B&G Produce)
- Celery (B&G Produce)
- Cherry Tomatoes (B&G Produce)
- Cucumbers (B&G Produce, Haines Homestead)
- Eggplant (B&G Produce)
- Head Lettuce (B&G Produce)
- Kale (B&G Produce) – Recipe Idea!
- Leeks (B&G Produce)
- New Potatoes
- All Blue & Yukon (B&G Produce)
- Pea Shoots – samples available (B&G Produce)
- Peppers (B&G Produce)
- Red Onions (B&G Produce)
- Scallions (B&G Produce)
- Shallots (B&G Produce)
- Summer Squash (B&G Produce)
- Swiss Chard (B&G Produce) – Recipe Idea!
- Tomatoes (B&G Produce, Haines Homestead)
- Zucchini (B&G Produce)
Meat (BLC Ranch)
- Ben and Linda are taking deposits for fall lambs. Imagine tasty lamb burgers this fall!
Other Activities & Food…
- Special for August 29th!
- Beck Motors hot dog stand fundraiser meal to benefit Feeding South Dakota. Pick up a hot dog, chips, and soda.
- Beck Motors “Trikes”
- The Zonta Club is hosting a pie & ice cream fundraiser!
- KGFX will have the Dakota Cruiser for musical entertainment.
- Horse-drawn wagon rides by Willie and Loretta Cowan.
- Paddleboat cruise on the Sunset. More information available here.
- Beer & Pizza by the Chuckwagon
- Brew Birds Food Truck
- Games: ping pong, bean bag toss, life-size Jenga
- Gold Program Children’s Activities, Face Painting
- Popcorn by the American Legion
- Verendrye Museum open
Where? Downtown Fort Pierre, Deadwood Street
When? Tuesday, 5pm-8pm (market vendors until at least 7pm)
Why? White Chocolate Blueberry Bread makes amazing French toast. Just sayin’.
Be sure to Like us on Facebook @capcityfarmersmarket. You can also follow our blog (https://capcitymarket.wordpress.com/) for weekly updates.
Please share this with anyone who might be interested. If you are reading this and would like to sign up for our weekly email, send your request to email@example.com.
If you know anyone interested in selling produce, baked goods, meat/poultry, eggs, or craft items, please have them visit our blog (https://capcitymarket.wordpress.com/), call or email Julie Bolding at 224.4348 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you Tuesday!