We’re ready to go this week, after watching a pretty cool solar eclipse today. For our “Back to School” Tuesday night market, the Stanley County Gold Program is serving walking tacos as a fundraising dinner. Plus, American Bank and Trust is having a cupcake walk!!
Start your stroll with fresh squeezed lemonade from Sunshine Coffee. Man, that stuff is super refreshing…just like drinking summer!
Grady & Rayya will be back with their yummy sweet corn. All the funds they raise are going toward their college funds. Grady loves a good chat, so stop down and help these young entrepreneurs!
Need a dish to take care of a few vegetables? Try this Grilled Vegetable Panzanella Salad recipe from B&G Produce. It is amazing!! Pick up most of these items Tuesday night. Also, head lettuce is back at B&G Produce!
Venner Farm is featuring Pecan Sandies (one of my favorite cookies!!!) this week. You better beat me to them.
BLC Ranch is back this week. I have been using one of their dryer balls for two weeks and absolutely love it! Stop by and give it a try.
Beverly has her fun Halloween décor this week. Time to get in the spirit!
As a market, we accept credit cards and EBT. Shop all the vendors and pay once before you leave! Stop at the Market Manager booth to start the process and have fun shopping.
Capital City Farmers’ Market Vendors: B&G Produce, Beverly Duffel, BLC Ranch, Fort Pierre Bicentennial Booth, Grady & Rayya’s Sweet Corn, Sunshine Coffee, Venner Farm
Baked Goods & Bread
- Apple Strudel (Venner Farm)
- Butterscotch Oatmeal Bars (Venner Farm)
- Bread (B&G Produce)
- Blue Cheese Bacon
- Six Seed
- Sun-Dried Tomato Roasted Garlic
- Carrot Cupcakes (Venner Farm)
- Cookies (Venner Farm)
- Breakfast Cookies
- Chocolate Chip, gluten free
- Date Drop
- Pecan Sandies – NEW!!
- Organic Granola – samples available (B&G Produce)
- Quick Bread (Venner Farm)
- Pumpkin Flax
- SD Honey Banana Bread
- Rhubarb Streusel
Coffee & Coffee Beans
- Coffee Beans (B&G Produce)
- Drinks (Sunshine Coffee)
- Fresh Squeezed Lemonade
- Hot Chocolate
- Organic Coffee
- Cold Brew
- Drip Coffee
- Organic Tea, cold or hot
- Halloween Décor (Beverly Duffel)
- Icelandic Wool Items (BLC Ranch)
- Adult Ponchos
- Baby Sweaters
- Dryer Balls
- Fingerless Mitts
- Painted Pavers (Beverly Duffel)
- Pine Cones for Holiday Projects (Venner Farm)
- Wool, lamb & regular (BLC Ranch)
Farm to Table (B&G Produce)
- Basil Kale Pesto – samples available – Recipe Idea!
- Hummus – samples available
- Charred Scallion & Red Pepper
Fort Pierre Bicentennial Memorabilia (Fort Pierre Bicentennial Booth)
From The Garden
- Basil (B&G Produce, Venner Farm)
- Beets (B&G Produce) – Recipe Idea!
- Broccoli (B&G Produce)
- Celery (B&G Produce)
- Cherry Tomatoes (B&G Produce) – Recipe Idea!
- Pickling (B&G Produce)
- Slicers (B&G Produce, Venner Farm
- Eggplant (B&G Produce) – Recipe Idea!
- Head Lettuce (B&G Produce)
- Kale (B&G Produce, Venner Farm) – Recipe Idea!
- Leeks (B&G Produce)
- New Potatoes (Venner Farm)
- All Blue & Yukon (B&G Produce)
- Pea Shoots – samples available (B&G Produce) – Recipe Idea!
- Bell Peppers (B&G Produce) – Recipe Idea!
- Jalapeno (Venner Farm)
- Red Onions (B&G Produce)
- Turnips (Venner Farm)
- Scallions (B&G Produce)
- Shallots (B&G Produce)
- Summer Squash (B&G Produce) – Recipe Idea!
- Sweet Corn (Grady & Rayya’s Sweet Corn)
- Swiss Chard (B&G Produce, Venner Farm) – Recipe Idea!
- Tomatoes (B&G Produce, Venner Farm)
Grains & the Like (Venner Farm)
- Organic Golden Flax
- Organic Wheat Berries
- Whole Wheat Flour
Pantry Staples (Venner Farm)
- Dill Seed
Other Activities & Food…
- Special for August 22nd!
- Walking tacos fundraising meal by the Stanley County Gold Program to support their program and the Community Youth Involved center.
- American Bank and Trust is having a cupcake walk, kids ring toss game, and is giving away FREE cupcakes and ice cream certificates to the Cool Spot.
- KGFX will have the Dakota Cruiser for musical entertainment.
- Paddleboat cruise on the Sunset. More information available here.
- Beer & Pizza by the Chuckwagon
- Brew Birds Food Truck
- Games: ping pong, bean bag toss, life-size Jenga
- Gold Program Children’s Activities, Face Painting
- Popcorn by the American Legion
- Verendrye Museum open
Where? Downtown Fort Pierre, Deadwood Street
When? Tuesday, 5pm-8pm (market vendors until at least 7pm)
Why? Cucumber and cherry tomato salad for days.
Be sure to Like us on Facebook @capcityfarmersmarket. You can also follow our blog (https://capcitymarket.wordpress.com/) for weekly updates.
Please share this with anyone who might be interested. If you are reading this and would like to sign up for our weekly email, send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you know anyone interested in selling produce, baked goods, meat/poultry, eggs, or craft items, please have them visit our blog (https://capcitymarket.wordpress.com/), call or email Julie Bolding at 224.4348 or email@example.com.
See you Tuesday!