We’ve got a great Tuesday night ahead! The Pierre Youth Orchestra will be performing live PLUS they are holding a sweet corn fundraiser!! BankWest is offering a charitable match up to $500!! Check out more about The Pierre Youth Orchestra on their Facebook page, @pierreyouthorchestra and then stop down to support these talented kids in our community.
This week is National Farmers’ Market Week. Check out B&G Produce’s Facebook page, @bandgproduce, as they will be doing online contests all week. It’s a great chance to win some of their products!
BLC Ranch is here this weekend with a new item, dryer balls! I’m super excited to check these out as a natural solution for our clothes.
Venner Farm and Nancy’s Nest are offering a couple new items this week. Venner Farm will feature Carrot Cupcakes and Nancy’s Nest is bringing Organic Graham Crackers. I need to get my hands on both of these homemade treats!
Beverly Duffel will have her cute painted pavers again this week! And, be sure to check out the special items at the Fort Pierre Bicentennial Booth. I’ve heard the cookbook is wonderful!
As a market, we accept credit cards and EBT. Shop all the vendors and pay once before you leave! Stop at the Market Manager booth to start the process and have fun shopping.
Capital City Farmers’ Market Vendors: B&G Produce, Beverly Duffel, BLC Ranch, Fort Pierre Bicentennial Booth, Nancy’s Nest, The Pierre Youth Orchestra, Venner Farm
Baked Goods & Bread
- Apple Crisp (Venner Farm)
- Butterscotch Oatmeal (Venner Farm)
- Organic Chocolate Brownies, no eggs & gluten free (Nancy’s Nest)
- Cranberry Orange Almond (B&G Produce)
- Mediterranean Kalamata Goat Cheese (B&G Produce)
- Organic Rosemary Parmesan (Nancy’s Nest)
- Six Seed (B&G Produce)
- Cobblers (Venner Farm)
- Cherry Berry
- Strawberry Rhubarb
- Breakfast Cookies (Venner Farm)
- Chocolate Chip, gluten free (Venner Farm)
- Gingersnaps (Venner Farm)
- Organic Oatmeal Raisin (Nancy’s Nest)
- Cupcakes (Venner Farm)
- Carrot – NEW!!
- Chocolate Zucchini
- Organic Blueberry Scones, no sugar or eggs & gluten free (Nancy’s Nest) – NEW!!
- Organic Carrot Cake, mini bundt & gluten free (Nancy’s Nest) – NEW!!
- Organic Garlic & Sun-Dried Tomato Corn Muffins (Nancy’s Nest) – NEW!!
- Organic Graham Crackers (Nancy’s Nest) – NEW!!
- Organic Granola – samples available (B&G Produce)
- Quick Bread (Venner Farm)
- SD Honey Banana Bread
- Rhubarb Streusel
Coffee Beans (B&G Produce)
- Assorted Sizes of Pine Cones for Holiday Crafts (Venner Farm)
- Icelandic Wool Items (BLC Ranch)
- Adult Ponchos
- Baby Sweaters
- Dryer Balls – NEW!!
- Fingerless Mitts
- Painted Pavers (Beverly Duffel)
- Wool, Lamb & Regular (BLC Ranch)
Farm Fresh Eggs (Nancy’s Nest)
Farm to Table (B&G Produce)
- Basil Kale Pesto – samples available
- Hummus – samples available
- Cilantro Jalapeno
Flowers (B&G Produce)
From The Garden
- Banana Peppers (Venner Farm)
- Basil (B&G Produce, Venner Farm)
- Beets (B&G Produce)
- Broccoli (B&G Produce)
- Cabbage, savoy (B&G Produce)
- Cherry Tomatoes – just a couple containers (B&G Produce, Venner Farm)
- Cucumbers (Venner Farm)
- Dill (Venner Farm)
- Garlic (B&G Produce)
- Kale (B&G Produce)
- Kohlrabi (B&G Produce)
- Leeks (B&G Produce)
- New Potatoes (B&G Produce)
- Parsley (B&G Produce)
- Pea Shoots – samples available (B&G Produce)
- Onions, red & yellow (B&G Produce)
- Scallions (B&G Produce)
- Summer Squash, Patty Pan (Venner Farm)
- Sweet Corn (The Pierre Youth Orchestra) – FUNDRAISER!!
- Swiss Chard (B&G Produce, Venner Farm)
- Tomatoes (B&G Produce)
Grains & the Like (Venner Farm)
- Corn Flour
- Organic Golden Flax
- Organic Wheat Berries
- Whole Wheat Flour
Meat (BLC Ranch)
- Ben & Linda are taking orders for September butcher lambs. Three words…lamb kofta kabobs. Yum!
Pantry Staples (Venner Farm)
- Dried Dill Weed
Other Activities & Food…
- Special for August 8th!
- The Pierre Youth Orchestra (@pierreyouthorchestra https://www.facebook.com/pierreyouthorchestra/) will be performing live AND holding a sweet corn fundraiser! BankWest is offering a charitable match up to $500.
- Avera will have a booth where you can write on the “Cancer Beam”
- Beer & Pizza by the Chuckwagon
- Brew Birds Food Truck
- Games: ping pong, bean bag toss, life-size Jenga
- Gold Program Children’s Activities
- Popcorn by the American Legion
- Verendrye Museum open
Where? Downtown Fort Pierre, Deadwood Street
When? Tuesday, 5pm-8pm (market vendors until at least 7pm)
Why? Summer isn’t complete until you’ve got sweet corn all over your face.
Be sure to Like us on Facebook @capcityfarmersmarket. You can also follow our blog (https://capcitymarket.wordpress.com/) for weekly updates.
Please share this with anyone who might be interested. If you are reading this and would like to sign up for our weekly email, send your request to email@example.com.
If you know anyone interested in selling produce, baked goods, meat/poultry, eggs, or craft items, please have them visit our blog (https://capcitymarket.wordpress.com/), call or email Julie Bolding at 224.4348 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you Tuesday!