Another crazy busy week and we’re at the end of July! It’s hard to believe how quickly this month has flown by, especially considering each of those scorching hot days felt like eternity. But, it’s nearly over and we’ll move into August.
Bad River Pack is swinging by on Saturday before heading to Sturgis for the Rally. Be sure to pick up your favorites while they are in town. We will be grabbing up a few packages of their flavorful and tender beef jerky!
With this being the fifth weekend of the month, B&G Produce is offering a couple special items only available during a month with a fifth Saturday! Debby is baking Fig & Fennel rustic bread. Lindy prepared Strawberry Rose Water Buttermilk Biscuits with Rose Water Glaze. Matt made a new hummus based off of a side dish he made in San Diego last year, Grilled Eggplant with Cilantro & Tamari. You won’t see these again until the end of September, so get them Saturday!
If any of you wondered what my decision was on Tuesday night…whether to get iced tea or lavender lemonade…we ended up getting one of each! Lyndsey made some peach tea for the evening market and it was outstanding! Decisions again this weekend.
Bab’s Bites ‘n Bones is bringing a couple flavors of hand pies this weekend. One, in particular, sounds amazing…Blueberry Lemon Basil. Wow. Can’t wait to get my hand on one of those!!
Beverly is here this weekend with her cute painted pavers. We’ve bought a couple that look like kitties we have. Too cute in our garden.
And lastly, many of you have asked about a visit to our farm. Well, if you’re free Saturday night, this might be a good opportunity to see the farm and learn about GOAL (Greater Oahe Action League). GOAL is a part of Dakota Rural Action and has been very supportive of the local farmers’ markets as well as promoting local food. Here is more information, if you are interested.
As a market, we accept credit cards and EBT. Shop all the vendors and pay once before you leave! Stop at the Market Manager booth to start the process and have fun shopping.
This week’s vendors: B&G Produce, Bab’s Bites ‘n Bones, Bad River Pack, Beverly Duffel, Sunshine Coffee
Baked Goods & Bread
- Buttermilk Biscuits (B&G Produce)
- Cheddar Bacon
- Strawberry Rose Water with Rose Water Glaze – samples available
- Hand Pies (Bab’s Bites ‘n Bones)
- Blueberry Lemon Basil in a Butter Crust – NEW!!
- Just Rhubarb in a Butter Crust – NEW!!
- Organic Granola – samples available (B&G Produce)
- Rustic Bread (B&G Produce)
- Cinnamon Raisin Walnut
- Fig & Fennel
Coffee & Coffee Beans
- Coffee Beans (B&G Produce)
- Costa Rica
- Drinks (Sunshine Coffee)
- Hot Chocolate
- Organic Coffee
- Cold Brew
- Drip Coffee
- Organic Tea
- Lavender Lemonade
Creative Items & Décor
- Aprons (Bad River Pack)
- Felted Birds (Bad River Pack)
- Knit Dish Cloths (Bad River Pack)
- Little Purses (Bad River Pack)
- Messenger Bags (Bad River Pack)
- Painted Pavers (Beverly Duffel)
- Scrubby Dish Cloths (Bad River Pack)
Farm Fresh Eggs (B&G Produce)
Farm to Table (B&G Produce)
- Blue Cheese Walnut Pesto – samples available
- Plain – samples available
- Grilled Eggplant with Cilantro & Tamari – samples available – NEW!!
Four-Legged Friends (Bab’s Bites ‘n Bones)
- Hearty Beef Dog Biscuits, various sizes
- Savory Chicken Dog Biscuits, various sizes
From The Garden (B&G Produce)
- Broccoli Stir Fry Bags
- Green Beans
- New Potatoes
- Pea Shoots – samples available
- Red Onions
- Summer Squash
- Swiss Chard
- Tomatoes – still just a few, but we’ll bring some
Health & Beauty (Bad River Pack)
- Glycerin Soap
Meat (Bad River Pack)
- Beef Jerky
- Beef Sticks
- Chicken Sticks – samples available
- Pemmican – samples available
- Summer Sausage
Where? Public Parking lot on the corner of Sioux Avenue and Coteau Street (1 block east of downtown Pierre)
When? Saturday, 9am-noon
Why? Blue Cheese Walnut Pesto. We don’t need to say anything else.
Be sure to Like us on Facebook @capcityfarmersmarket. You can also follow our blog (https://capcitymarket.wordpress.com/) for weekly updates.
Please share this with anyone who might be interested. If you are reading this and would like to sign up for our weekly email, send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you know anyone interested in selling produce, baked goods, meat/poultry, eggs, or craft items, please have them visit our blog (https://capcitymarket.wordpress.com/), call or email Julie Bolding at 224.4348 or email@example.com.
See you Saturday!