We have a great Tuesday ahead! American Legion Post 20 is having a fundraising dinner, featuring grilled items and cold beverages. Kids, ages 4 to 12, can participate in a Pedal Pull Competition at 6pm with potential to participate at the state level. Pierre StreetMasters will have some of their swanky cars on display. The Exchange Club will be holding a root beer float fundraiser. And, don’t forget the sunset cruise on none other than The Sunset paddle boat. See more information below under “Other Activities & Food…”
Also, this week the Fort Pierre Bicentennial Booth will be setting up with the Capital City Farmers’ Market vendors. Stop by and check out all the cool memorabilia available!
B&G Produce will have samples of their delicious hummus and pesto. Stop by and try one or all three flavors!
Nancy’s Nest is introducing her Beet Feta Cheese Muffins with Orange Streusel this week. Beets, feta, and orange are a match made in heaven, so these are bound to be amazing!
This is your last chance to get 25% off BLC Ranch wool items. I know it’s hot and it’s hard to think about wearing wool, BUT this is an excellent time to think ahead for Christmas or birthday gifts!
Venner Farm if offering their Breakfast Cookies again this week. I got a chance to try them last week and they are wonderful. One bite is lovely chocolate and then the next is sweet dried fruit. I enjoyed them for dessert as well as dunked into my morning coffee.
Speaking of coffee, this is the big question of the week. Do I get Lavender Lemonade again or try some of the organic iced tea Lyndsey of Sunshine Coffee has been talking about for weeks now? I will have to ponder this a little longer, but not too long because they tend to sell out! Decisions.
As a market, we accept credit cards and EBT. Shop all the vendors and pay once before you leave! Stop at the Market Manager booth to start the process and have fun shopping.
Capital City Farmers’ Market Vendors: B&G Produce, BLC Ranch, Fort Pierre Bicentennial Booth, Nancy’s Nest, Sunshine Coffee, Venner Farm
Baked Goods & Bread
- Asiago Thyme (B&G Produce)
- Baguettes (B&G Produce)
- Organic Harvest with cranberries, walnuts, pumpkin seeds (Nancy’s Nest) – NEW!!
- Organic Rosemary Parmesan (Nancy’s Nest) – NEW!!
- Organic Sprouted Spelt (Nancy’s Nest)
- White Chocolate Blueberry (B&G Produce)
- Chocolate Zucchini Cupcakes (Venner Farm) – NEW!!
- Cobblers (Venner Farm)
- Cherry Berry – NEW!!
- Cookies (Venner Farm)
- Breakfast Cookies
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies – NEW!!
- Crisps (Venner Farm)
- Oatmeal Bars (Venner Farm)
- Organic Granola – samples available (B&G Produce)
- Organic Muffins (Nancy’s Nest) – NEW!!
- Bacon Cheddar Poppy Seed
- Beet Feta Cheese with Orange Streusel
- Banana Walnut
- Cinnamon Swirl
- Organic Scotcharoos, individual bars (Nancy’s Nest)
- Quick Bread (Venner Farm)
- Lemon Poppy Seed
- SD Honey Banana Bread
Coffee & Coffee Beans
- Coffee Beans (B&G Produce)
- Colombia Dark Roast
- Costa Rica Medium Roast
- Guatemala Medium Roast
- Drinks (Sunshine Coffee)
- Hot Chocolate
- Organic Coffee
- Cold Brew
- Drip Coffee
- Organic Iced Tea
- Organic Lavender Lemonade
Creative Items (BLC Ranch)
- Icelandic Wool Items – 25% off through July
- Adult Ponchos
- Baby Sweaters
- Fingerless Mitts
- Wool, Lamb & Regular
Farm to Table (B&G Produce)
- Basil Kale Pesto – samples available
- Hummus – samples available
- Herbed Artichoke
Fort Pierre Bicentennial Memorabilia (Fort Pierre Bicentennial Booth)
From The Garden
- Banana Peppers (Venner Farm) – NEW!!
- Basil (B&G Produce, Venner Farm)
- Beets (B&G Produce)
- Broccoli Stir Fry Bags (B&G Produce)
- Cucumbers (Venner Farm)
- Dill, bundles and heads (Venner Farm)
- Garlic (B&G Produce)
- Green Beans (B&G Produce)
- Kale (B&G Produce)
- Kohlrabi (B&G Produce)
- Leeks (B&G Produce)
- Mixed Lettuces (Venner Farm)
- New Potatoes (B&G Produce)
- Parsley (B&G Produce)
- Pea Shoots – samples available (B&G Produce)
- Red Onions (B&G Produce) – NEW!!
- Summer Squash, Patty Pan (Venner Farm)
- Swiss Chard (B&G Produce, Venner Farm)
- Zucchini (B&G Produce)
- Romanesco (Venner Farm)
Fruit (Venner Farm)
- Choke Cherries, just a few
Grains & the Like (Venner Farm)
- Corn Flour
- Organic Golden Flax
- Organic Wheat Berries
- Whole Wheat Flour
Meat (BLC Ranch)
- Ben & Linda are taking orders for September butcher lambs. Here is a favorite lamb recipe of ours. So good!
Pantry Staples (Venner Farm)
- Coriander Seed
- Dried Dill Weed
Other Activities & Food…
- Special for July 25th!
- Fundraising Dinner including items from the grill and cold beverages by the American Legion Post 20 to help support their efforts to finish their baseball field project on the north side of Fort Pierre.
- Kids Pedal Pull Competition at 6pm, RTC Kids Pedal Pull will be offering youngsters a chance to complete for a trophy. First, Second, & Third place winners will advance to the state competition in Mitchel on Labor Day. For kids ages 4 to 12 years old. Each age competes in their age group, boys & girls compete separately. Eddie’s Truck Center is sponsoring the event. Please contact Ron Baumgartner at 605.473.5581 with additional questions.
- Pierre StreetMasters will have over a dozen of their cars on display!
- Root Beer Floats by the Exchange Club, raising funds for their children programs & programs that promote Americanism
- Beer & Pizza by the Chuckwagon
- Brew Birds Food Truck
- Bouncy Houses from Bounce Around, $5 per child unlimited time
- Games: ping pong, bean bag toss, life-size Jenga
- Gold Program Children’s Activities
- Mini Melt Ice Cream by Bounce Around
- Music & Live Broadcast by Dakota Radio Group’s Dakota Cruiser
- Paddle boat cruise on The Sunset, departure time & price information here
- Popcorn by the American Legion
- Verendrye Museum Open
Where? Downtown Fort Pierre, Deadwood Street
When? Tuesday, 5pm-8pm (market vendors until at least 7pm)
Why? We make eating local easy.
Be sure to Like us on Facebook @capcityfarmersmarket. You can also follow our blog (https://capcitymarket.wordpress.com/) for weekly updates.
Please share this with anyone who might be interested. If you are reading this and would like to sign up for our weekly email, send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you know anyone interested in selling produce, baked goods, meat/poultry, eggs, or craft items, please have them visit our blog (https://capcitymarket.wordpress.com/), call or email Julie Bolding at 224.4348 or email@example.com.
See you Tuesday!