Welcome to the first email for our Fort Pierre Bicentennial Farmers’ Market! Every week I will include a list of the Capital City Farmers’ Market vendors and what they will bring. Then, at the bottom of the list, will be a section called “Other Activities & Food…” This will be where I’ll include things like the bouncy houses, cruise on The Sunset, fundraiser meals, and other activities for you and your family. Location and time of market are at the bottom of this information.
We would like to welcome Nancy’s Nest, BLC Ranch, and Boom Shack Studio to market! Nancy of Nancy’s Nest will have organic baked goods and farm fresh eggs. Ben and Linda of BLC Ranch have Icelandic wool and knit items. Jill Kokesh of Boom Shack Studio has flowers and craft items. Please stop by and welcome them to market!
Then, make a beeline for Sunshine Coffee and pick up an iced coffee for your stroll downtown. Don’t want the caffeine? No problem. They offer decaffeinated coffee!
B&G Produce is bringing their first leeks of the season! It’s too hot for potato leek soup, but grilled leeks with a bit of butter and Parmesan is something to savor.
Love choke cherry syrup? Pick up some choke cherries from Venner Farm and cook up a batch this week for delicious pancakes this weekend!
As a market, we accept credit cards and EBT. Shop all the vendors and pay once before you leave! Stop at the Market Manager booth to start the process and have fun shopping.
Capital City Farmers’ Market Vendors: B&G Produce, BLC Ranch, Boom Shack Studio, Nancy’s Nest, Sunshine Coffee, Venner Farm
Baked Goods & Bread
- Oatmeal (Venner Farm)
- Organic Scotcheroos (Nancy’s Nest) – NEW!!
- Double Chocolate Bites (Venner Farm) – NEW!!
- Organic Chocolate Chip Chia Energy Bites (Nancy’s Nest) – NEW!!
- Cinnamon Raisin Walnut (B&G Produce)
- Organic Spelt Bread, mini loaves (Nancy’s Nest) – NEW!!
- Organic White Bread Rolls (Nancy’s Nest) – NEW!!
- Rosemary Gruyere (B&G Produce)
- Rustic Wheat (B&G Produce)
- Cookies (Venner Farm)
- Breakfast Cookies
- Ginger Snaps
- Mini Blueberry Crisps (Venner Farm)
- Mini Cobblers (Venner Farm)
- Strawberry Rhubarb – NEW!!
- Organic Cherry Hand Pies (Nancy’s Nest) – NEW!!
- Organic Cinnamon Rolls (Nancy’s Nest) – NEW!!
- Organic Granola – samples available (B&G Produce)
- Organic Pecan Tarts (Nancy’s Nest) – NEW!!
- Quick Breads
- Banana Bread (Venner Farm)
- Organic Chocolate Chip Banana Bread (Nancy’s Nest) – NEW!!
- Rhubarb Streusel Bread (Venner Farm)
- Zucchini Bread (Venner Farm)
Coffee & Coffee Beans
- Coffee Beans (B&G Produce)
- Drinks (Sunshine Coffee)
- Hot Chocolate
- Organic Coffee
- Cold Brew
- Drip Coffee
- Organic Tea
- Mosaic Garden Pavers (Boom Shack Studio) – NEW!!
- Reclaimed Wool Mittens (Boom Shack Studio) – NEW!!
- Icelandic Wool Items (BLC Ranch) – NEW!!
- Adult Ponchos
- Baby Sweaters
- Fingerless Mitts
- Wool, Lamb & Regular (BLC Ranch) – NEW!!
Farm Fresh Eggs (Nancy’s Nest)
- Pasture raised with organic whole grains
- Lilies (Boom Shack Studio)
- Small Bouquets (B&G Produce)
From The Garden
- Basil (B&G Produce)
- Beets (B&G Produce)
- Broccoli (B&G Produce)
- Carrots (B&G Produce)
- Cucumbers (Venner Farm)
- Eggplant (B&G Produce)
- Dill, bundles, head, leaves, & dried dill weed (Venner Farm)
- Kale (B&G Produce)
- Leeks (B&G Produce) – NEW!!
- Mixed Lettuce (Venner Farm)
- Parsley (B&G Produce)
- Pea Shoots – samples available (B&G Produce)
- Scallions (B&G Produce)
- Sugar Snap Peas (Venner Farm)
- Swiss Chard (B&G Produce, Venner Farm)
- Turnip Greens (Venner Farm)
- Zucchini (B&G Produce)
Fruit (Venner Farm)
- Choke Cherries
Grains & the Like (Venner Farm)
- Corn Flour
- Organic Golden Flax
- Organic Wheat Berries
- Whole Wheat Flour
Other Activities & Food…
- Beer & Pizza by the Chuckwagon
- Brew Birds Food Truck
- Bouncy Houses from Bounce Around
- Games: ping pong, bean bag toss, life-size Jenga
- Historic Downtown Fort Pierre Tours by Verendrye Museum
- Mini Melt Ice Cream by Bounce Around
- Music & Live Broadcast by Dakota Radio Group’s Dakota Cruiser
- Paddle boat cruise on The Sunset, departing at 8pm
- Popcorn by the American Legion
Where? Downtown Fort Pierre, Deadwood Street
When? Tuesday, 5pm-8pm (market vendors until at least 7pm)
Why? Tuesday could be your new Friday.
Be sure to Like us on Facebook @capcityfarmersmarket. You can also follow our blog (https://capcitymarket.wordpress.com/) for weekly updates.
Please share this with anyone who might be interested. If you are reading this and would like to sign up for our weekly email, send your request to email@example.com.
If you know anyone interested in selling produce, baked goods, meat/poultry, eggs, or craft items, please have them visit our blog (https://capcitymarket.wordpress.com/), call or email Julie Bolding at 224.4348 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you Tuesday!