Holy heat wave! We are moving slowly, drinking a ton of water, and trying to keep the garden as happy as it can be with this oppressive heat. Cooler weather would be much appreciated. Just sayin’.
Tuesday night market starts in a couple days! Watch for my email and Facebook post on Monday evening. We hope to see a lot of you there!
This will be the last market for lettuce from B&G Produce for a while. Lettuce hates heat, so this is kind of a deal breaker. They will have plenty of romaine and a few butterhead this weekend. Get it while you can. In the meantime, a bunch of pea shoots are available this weekend. Here are some recipe ideas for you!
Sunshine Coffee is back this weekend. I will be headed their way for a large iced Lindy as soon as possible!
Venner Farm is able to join us this weekend. Denise has an abundance of delicious baked goods. You may recall a claim I put on Facebook that she makes the best ginger snap cookies. I stand by my word.
Patrick Lester will be joining Venner Farm’s booth this weekend. Patrick designs metal hat pins. Stop by and check them out!
B&G Produce is offering its first Basil Kale Pesto of the season! They make this using basil and kale from their garden. It is delicious! Here are a few recipe ideas for the pesto.
As a market, we accept credit cards and EBT. Shop all the vendors and pay once before you leave! Stop at the Market Manager booth to start the process and have fun shopping.
This week’s vendors: B&G Produce, Patrick Lester, Sunshine Coffee, Venner Farm
Baked Goods & Bread
- Buttermilk Biscuits (B&G Produce)
- White Chocolate Lime with Citrus Glaze – NEW!! – samples available
- Butterscotch Oatmeal Bars (Venner Farm)
- Cookies (Venner Farm)
- Breakfast Cookies
- Ginger Snaps
- Mini Blueberry Crisps (Venner Farm) – NEW!!
- Mini Peach Cobblers (Venner Farm) – NEW!!
- Organic Granola – samples available (B&G Produce)
- Quick Breads (Venner Farm)
- Honey Banana Bread
- Rhubarb Streusel Bread – NEW!!
- Zucchini Bread
- Rustic Bread (B&G Produce)
- Cinnamon Raisin Walnut
- Rosemary Gruyere – samples available
- Rustic Wheat
Coffee & Coffee Beans
- Coffee Beans (B&G Produce)
- Drinks (Sunshine Coffee)
- Hot Chocolate
- Organic Coffee
- Cold Brew
- Drip Coffee
- Organic Tea
Creative Items (Patrick Lester)
- Custom Metal Hat Pins
- Artistic Pins
- Cartoon Pins
- Humorous Pins
- Musical Artist Pins
Farm Fresh Eggs (B&G Produce)
Farm to Table (B&G Produce)
- Basil Kale Pesto – NEW!! – samples available
- B&G Hummus – samples available
- Roasted Garlic Chipotle Hummus – samples available
Flowers (B&G Produce)
From The Garden
- Basil (B&G Produce, Venner Farm)
- Broccoli (B&G Produce)
- Cabbage (B&G Produce)
- Cucumbers (Venner Farm)
- Dill, heads & leaves (Venner Farm)
- Fava Beans (B&G Produce) – probably last of the season
- Head Lettuce (B&G Produce)
- Kale (B&G Produce)
- Kohlrabi (B&G Produce)
- Mixed Lettuce (Venner Farm)
- Patty Pan Summer Squash (Venner Farm) – NEW!!
- Pea Shoots – samples available (B&G Produce)
- Scallions (B&G Produce)
- Swiss Chard (B&G Produce, Venner Farm)
- Turnip Greens (Venner Farm)
- Zucchini (B&G Produce)
Fruit (Venner Farm)
- Chokecherries (Venner Farm) – Denise is hoping she has time to harvest some of these to bring!
Grains & the Like (Venner Farm)
- Corn Flour
- Organic Golden Flax
- Organic Wheat Berries
- Whole Wheat Flour
Where? Public Parking lot on the corner of Sioux Avenue and Coteau Street (1 block east of downtown Pierre)
When? Saturday, 9am-noon
Why? Kohlrabi should be in your life. We can help you get it there.
Be sure to Like us on Facebook @capcityfarmersmarket. You can also follow our blog (https://capcitymarket.wordpress.com/) for weekly updates.
Please share this with anyone who might be interested. If you are reading this and would like to sign up for our weekly email, send your request to email@example.com.
If you know anyone interested in selling produce, baked goods, meat/poultry, eggs, or craft items, please have them visit our blog (https://capcitymarket.wordpress.com/), call or email Julie Bolding at 224.4348 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you Saturday!