Rain! So thankful for the rain we received this week. It’s amazing how everything just bounces back after a nice soaking. The grass is a bit greener, the trees seem a tad taller, and we are definitely happy campers. Let’s keep the rain thoughts coming. This season, we can always use more moisture.
Hanisch Farms is back this weekend with a plethora of meat, eggs, and produce. Pick up some chicken thighs and try this recipe from B&G Produce for Chicken Shawarma. You can purchase the chicken, napa cabbage, tomatoes, onions, and in place of the spicy microgreen…try a few pea shoots.
Have you made kale salad? No? Give this recipe by B&G Produce a try. We think you’ll love it!
As a market, we accept credit cards and EBT. Shop all the vendors and pay once before you leave! Stop at the Market Manager booth to start the process and have fun shopping.
This week’s vendors: B&G Produce, Hanisch Farms, Sunshine Coffee
Baked Goods & Bread (B&G Produce)
- Sugared Lemon Blueberry Buttermilk – samples available
- Organic Granola – samples available
- Rustic Bread
- Blue Cheese Bacon
- Roasted Garlic Sun-Dried Tomato – samples available
- Six Seed
Coffee & Coffee Beans
- Coffee Beans (B&G Produce)
- Drinks (Sunshine Coffee)
- Hot Chocolate
- Organic Coffee
- Cold Brew
- Drip Coffee
- Organic Tea
Farm Fresh Eggs (B&G Produce & Hanisch Farms)
Farm to Table (B&G Produce)
- B&G Hummus – samples available
- Charred Scallion & Red Pepper Hummus – samples available
From The Garden
- Basil (B&G Produce)
- Cucumbers (Hanisch Farms)
- Dill (B&G Produce)
- Garlic Scapes (B&G Produce) – Last of the season!
- Head Lettuce (B&G Produce)
- Kale (B&G Produce) – Try this kale salad!
- Mini Romaine Lettuce (B&G Produce)
- Napa Cabbage (B&G Produce) – NEW!!
- Parsley (B&G Produce)
- Pea Shoots (B&G Produce) – Try this sandwich!
- Snap Peas (B&G Produce, Hanisch Farms)
- Snow Peas (Hanisch Farms)
- Salad Turnips (B&G Produce)
- Scallions (B&G Produce)
- Spring Onions (Hanisch Farms)
- Tomatoes (Hanisch Farms)
- Zucchini (B&G Produce) – NEW!!
Meat (Hanisch Farms)
Where? Public Parking lot on the corner of Sioux Avenue and Coteau Street (1 block east of downtown Pierre)
When? Saturday, 9am-noon
Why? Snap peas taste best when they are local and you didn’t have to pick them!
Be sure to Like us on Facebook @capcityfarmersmarket. You can also follow our blog (https://capcitymarket.wordpress.com/) for weekly updates.
Please share this with anyone who might be interested. If you are reading this and would like to sign up for our weekly email, send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you know anyone interested in selling produce, baked goods, meat/poultry, eggs, or craft items, please have them visit our blog (https://capcitymarket.wordpress.com/), call or email Julie Bolding at 224.4348 or email@example.com.
See you Saturday!