On to week two for the farmers’ market. Thanks to everyone who joined us last weekend. What fun! And, so nice to see all of your friendly faces again after the long winter.
We should have a good amount of asparagus again, this week. Enjoy it while it’s in season and at its peak flavor. If you haven’t considered asparagus for breakfast, consider it. Take a look at our blog (www.bgproduce.wordpress.com) for a tasty idea.
We hope to see Ralph of Ripley Farms this week. He wasn’t feeling well last week, but I know he has tomato seedlings he’d like to bring to market. So, hopefully we’ll see him Saturday.
This week’s vendors: B and G Produce, Bab’s Bites ‘n Bones, Bub’s Produce, Medicine Gardens, Ripley Farms
- Butternut Squash Muffins (Medicine Gardens)
- Baguettes (B and G Produce)
- Fig & Fennel
- Cranberry Oatmeal (Medicine Gardens)
- Dark Chocolate Pistachio Sea Salt (B and G Produce)
- Chocolate Chip (Medicine Gardens)
- Flom Kuchen (that crisp stuff from Bab’s Bites ‘n Bones)
- Pepper Jack Rustic Bread (B and G Produce)
Creative Items (B and G Produce)
- Recycled Wine Cork Garden Markers
- Tea Cup Bird Feeders
Four-Legged Friends (Bab’s Bites ‘n Bones)
- Fish, Chicks, & Stars – medium shapes
- Hearty Beef – small and medium treats
- Savory Chicken – small and medium treats
Good for Your Body (Medicine Gardens)
- Lip Balm
- Chocolate Mint
- Unscented with Sunblock
- Lotion Bars
- Bug Bar
- Rosemary Mint
- Gardener’s Scrub
- Rosemary Mint
- Tea Tree
Mandan Bride Corn Flour (Medicine Gardens)
- Asparagus (Bub’s Produce)
- Chives (B and G Produce
- Foraged Nettles (www.bgproduce.wordpress.com for recipes)
- Oregano (B and G Produce)
- Rhubarb (B and G Produce, Bub’s Produce)
- Tarragon (B and G Produce)
Seedlings (Ripley Farms)
Please forward this email to anyone who might be interested. If any of you reading this received it as a forward and would like to sign up for my weekly email, send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where? Free Parking lot on Sioux Avenue and Coteau Street
Why? Because local food is good for your soul!
If you know anyone interested in selling produce, baked goods, meat/poultry, eggs, or craft items, please have them visit our blog at www.capcitymarket.wordpress.com, call or email Julie Bolding at 224.4348 or email@example.com.
See you Saturday!